I'm looking to buy an acoustic/electric. I really don't know much about these as I have not bought one before. I play rock, metal, jazz, and blues. My price range is probably $400-$800 (£270.51-£541.02) and I'd want it to have a cutaway. Any brands or specific models that I should check out? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
look into an Ibanez not sure what modle but i have one it was like 500 its real nice one you change the strings on it from the factory ones.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Thanks jwax. Any more suggestions? I'm probably going to get one on either Wednesday or Friday.
At the Justice Tour:

Quote by IDread

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
Actually Ibanez Acoustics have horrible quality control. So if you plan on buying one, I highly recommend playing it extensively before buying. But I would definitely recommend Takamine, Seagull, and i believe there might be an Epiphone Masterbuilt guitar in your price range. I would definitely stay away from the Martin "x1" series or whatever it's called. The HPL wood isn't really wood at all...

Just go sit down in a guitar store and play every acoustic you can. The biggest thing to look for in acoustic guitars is solid top. Good luck!
Quote by euphorictacos
Actually Ibanez Acoustics have horrible quality control. So if you plan on buying one, I highly recommend playing it extensively before buying. But I would definitely recommend Takamine, Seagull, and i believe there might be an Epiphone Masterbuilt guitar in your price range. I would definitely stay away from the Martin "x1" series or whatever it's called. The HPL wood isn't really wood at all...

Just go sit down in a guitar store and play every acoustic you can. The biggest thing to look for in acoustic guitars is solid top. Good luck!

I don't necessarily plan on buying an Ibanez; I just meant I'm probably going to buy a guitar on either Wed. or Fri. Thanks for the input.
At the Justice Tour:

Quote by IDread

Yeah bro but really for any guitar just try it out and make sure you like it. I may love a guitar that you may hate or vice versa. So just sit down and play every guitar you can.

have fun and good luck!
Thanks for all the help. I'm probably going to get one today. Any last minute suggestions of brands/models to make sure to try out?
At the Justice Tour:

Quote by IDread

In case you didn't buy it today,
Takamine G-Series Acoustic/Electrics are great, but they're a little pricy, i think $500+, i dont know because i got mine cheap cuz my dads cuzin designs guitars for Takamine. The one i have is nice sounding and even sounds great with an amp, cuz theres a lot of acoustic/electrics that sound like crud with an amp. Your distortion wont sound as good as with an electric, but the clean is still great.
Quote by Luigiman124
In case you didn't buy it today,
Takamine G-Series Acoustic/Electrics are great, but they're a little pricy, i think $500+, i dont know because i got mine cheap cuz my dads cuzin designs guitars for Takamine. The one i have is nice sounding and even sounds great with an amp, cuz theres a lot of acoustic/electrics that sound like crud with an amp. Your distortion wont sound as good as with an electric, but the clean is still great.

Well, you were a little late in posting, but what a coincidence! This is exactly what I got. I love it already.
At the Justice Tour:

Quote by IDread