Poll: Do you use your whammy a lot (In your POV)
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you use your whammy a lot (In your POV)
Yes
33 39%
No
51 61%
Voters: 84.
For those that have whammy equipped on their guitar, do you find yourself using it a lot?
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
i have a strat whammy on a cheap guitar, goes out of tune every time i use it, still i rape it alive
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Nope.
If I had a Bigsby, that would be another story.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I use it quite a bit, just a bit subtly rather than obnoxious dive bombs at every chance. I could get by without it though, although I like the way that I have never had to re tune my Ibanez
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
I use them sometimes when I'm home fooling around (though my nice electric doesn't have one) but when I'm on stage, or actually playing a song end to end? Never.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
i rape it...... it's just fun to play with
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
I use my floyd a lot. I bought my guitar knowing I would.

Don't buy a guitar with a floating bridge (esp locking) if you're not sure if you will use it often.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick

Don't buy a guitar with a floating bridge (esp locking) if you're not sure if you will use it often.

That's why I am asking the question. If I don;t use my normal trem much, why would I use much of a FR?
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Never ever. In fact I've got 3 Strats and 2 PRS's all with tremelo style bridges. I put as many springs in the back as possible (4 or 5), and tighten the down.
When I was younger, I couldn't wait to get a Floyd Rose. Once I got one, I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Every once in a while, I think that it'd be cool to have one again. So I have a friend punch me in the face, and clarity is returned.
Lol I play with the trem when I'm bored.

Which is a lot...
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Yes. And it's a synchronized trem. Supposedly that means I detune like hell. I barely do though. Hence my belief Floyd's are overrated.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
My Whammy bar gets touched more than my...well you get the point.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Depends what you include in 'whammy'.

If you mean Floyd Rose 'whammys', Eddie Van Halen stuff, then I never do that.
But if you just mean any vibrato bridge unit, I do use them when I can. I love Les Pauls but I wish you could get them with Fender bridges.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
most of my guitars are hardtail as i don't use tremolo much. I have 3 guitars with tremolo bridges though (Squier and Fender strats, and Fender Cyclone) and only the Fender Strat has it setup in a way that it can be used - the reasoning behind this is that it's the only one which stays in tune. So i use that guitar whenever i want some "whammy" although its rarely "whammy", more like subtle vibrato
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by MrFlibble
Depends what you include in 'whammy'.

If you mean Floyd Rose 'whammys', Eddie Van Halen stuff, then I never do that.
But if you just mean any vibrato bridge unit, I do use them when I can. I love Les Pauls but I wish you could get them with Fender bridges.

i know what you mean.

when i'm playing near the headstock though, it's very easy to get vibrato by fingering behind nut, a la Iron Man.

just a thought.

and no i don't tend to use whammy bars that much on my strat, i tend to "whammy without a whammy bar" like the kid in the video, although better sounding
i love it, i need to buy one for my fat strat it's been boring the past 2 years without one and i took my old strat apart.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Underjoggle
Nope.
If I had a Bigsby, that would be another story.

+1
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Kai07
My Whammy bar gets touched more than my...well you get the point.

Well if you're talking about a girl touching you there.. I'm not surprised
If you're talking about you touching yourself.. Wow man!
Quote by Scumbag1792
Well if you're talking about a girl touching you there.. I'm not surprised
If you're talking about you touching yourself.. Wow man!

D: Man that's harsh!

but its true, both ways =[
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Occassionally. I tend to use them more for subtle vibrato on chords though, rather than a stable of my playing.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Mine swings around randomly, i cant get it to stay in one place, i used rubber bands to keep it in place but it got annoying. Its in a ****ty position/angle so its difficult to use for much besides subtle vibrato and even then it sounds more like a comical boyyoyoyoyoing sound yeah it doesnt see much use
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Have a strat with it, never really use it though, sometimes I put it in and it just sits there and gets used once or twice during a solo, but most of the time it's not even in there. My guitar never goes out of tune with it either
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.