I recently bought a new tune-o-matic bridge for my LP rep because my old one started to fail.

My issue is that the hole where the screw goes on the bridge piece is about a 1/16 of an inch to big, so it doesn't go on.

Is it safe to try to hone out a little bit to get it to fit properly?

Thanks UG,
AcousticSlayer.
Mail it back say it did't fit, like it should if it;s a standard lp bridge.
Epiphone Les Paul Special Two- White
Black Strat Copy
15 Watt Amp
are you talking about the actual bridge posts being too big?

and if you had a tune-o-matic before you should be able to drop them into place.

though, i would trust that you can look at how it was before and fit everything together, in which case, if you bore the hole out evenly it shouldnt pose a problem, that is, if what you're talking about is what i think you're talking about
im a blues man, but a good man, understand?
so your saying this screw didn't fit? Did the bridge you buy come with the studs? If not well then you need either new studs or a new bridge. If so well then you need to email the place you got it from and say it doesn't fit and then send it back for a refund
Quote by guitarcam123
so your saying this screw didn't fit? Did the bridge you buy come with the studs? If not well then you need either new studs or a new bridge. If so well then you need to email the place you got it from and say it doesn't fit and then send it back for a refund

true, a refund might be a better option.
i know how much of a pain honing a hole out bigger can be, a return would get around that.
im a blues man, but a good man, understand?
Quote by jacobtriffo
true, a refund might be a better option.
i know how much of a pain honing a hole out bigger can be, a return would get around that.

Exactly, you paid for it EXPECTING it would fit. If it didn't then its not what they said.
Epiphone Les Paul Special Two- White
Black Strat Copy
15 Watt Amp
Hope all goes well

If they make you pay for shipping to send it back to them, stuff returning it, sell it and buy a new one from someone else