I used to be in a band (had an excellent Super Reverb that I loved dearly, but sold) then after the band broke up, I moved into an apartment. I'm trying to find the best amp for a bedroom/apartment setting. I love the fender type sound. I was looking into the Fender Blues Jr. (with Bill M mods) and the PRRI. The cost of the PRRI is quite a bit more than a Blues Jr. with mods. What's people's advice on this topic? I think the DRRI is gonna be too much for the apartment. I don't play live or with a band. Just rocking the bedroom.

I should explain some more things of interest to me.

1) Volume wise, I'm not looking to get much louder than when you turn your TV up, if that helps. (Again, apt. living)

2) I love the sound of tubes but I'm not even sure they make a product with tubes at such a low volume.

3) I don't love the modeling amps. I have a POD xt for that.

3) A headphone jack with be a bonus as the Mrs. likes me to turn it down from time to time.

4) I should say that I lean towards the clean Fender sound mostly.

5) I do record from time to time. Usually just throw a SM58 in front, into the m-box, into garage band.

Any other tips would be great. Got Christmas around the corner and I need to tell the Mrs. what I'm interested in.
Crate v18 + bad monkey overdrive
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Or maybe a BlackHeart Killer Ant or Little Giant. Both are low-watt tube amps with British voicing. The KA (1 W) would be perfect for an apartment...the LG (3W/5W) *might* be a little too loud...all depends on your definition of loud.

The cleans are very good on both of these amps and you can get a decent classic rock tone once they start to break up...but you'd definitely need a pedal to do high-gain stuff. No headphone jack on either one, though...but the KA sounds great at low volumes (I almost bought one a few weeks ago)...great little amp.
My POD XT Live is perfect with the Valve Junior for bedroom practice. Low volume and great tone.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
You could buy a nicer amp and get a THD Hot plate to lower the noise.
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
Quote by Cagney1990
You could buy a nicer amp and get a THD Hot plate to lower the noise.

this, or a weber minimass could do the job.

@guy above: Somehow i don't think the TT has a very clean fender-ish sound...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
the engl screamer 50 is the best bedroom amp ive ever heard, its very versatile also, but ive not played any good fender amps yet, so dont know how it could handle that

and for this amp you dont need a attenuator
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

One of those zano heads or whatever they are called, they are only like 1 watt, but I have heard good things, also pretty expensive.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
One of those zano heads or whatever they are called, they are only like 1 watt, but I have heard good things, also pretty expensive.

they are 500$ **** i want one now though

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

the kind of amp your looking for probably wont have headphone jack, thats why you have your POD.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I tried both the Vox DA-5 and DA-10 today. Preferred the DA-5. 10 was cool too but, I didn't think it was worth the extra $75. Both are cool amps though, especially for the price. Tried the Champion 600 as well. Cool amp but not for me.

I was talking to my buddy that runs a studio in Hollywood, CA and he says that I should look into the Vibro Champ. His personal preference was the vintage model. Opinions?
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by As_I_Lay_living
orange tiny terror!

YES!

It is the best, or an Egnater Rebel 20.

Why are people posting the Crate V18? He asked for the best bedroom amp, not the cheapest small tube amp with a mediocre sound. And if the TS wants a cheaper amp, an Epi Valve Jr, Blackheart Killer Ant, Little Giant are much better choices for the volume he wants to play at.

And putting a digital effects pedal infront of an already mediocre amp, talk about no tone, esp since the TS doesn't like modeling amps, and all an effects processor is digitize and sterilize the signal
I use the Fender Champion 600. It has nice cleans. On the lo-gain input, it doesn't break up until it is fully cranked, and even then it's not that loud. On the hi-gain it does break up into a nice dirty-bluesy sound.

Oh, and it's a tube Fender, so there's your Fender sound right there.
Saint Louis Blues
Sorry for jacking of the thread, but im looking into super reverbs. What are they like compared to twin reverbs? Could you ever get the SRV esque tone out of it?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Super Reverb + attenuator.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
Super Champ XD or Vibro champ. Search craigslist if you can, the old Super Champs show up from time to time.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I just picked up a vintage silverface vibro champ and i love it! Really great cleans, when you crank it, well after 5 really, it gets a nice bluesy tone. would probably need an OD for Zepesque things but still...great little amp
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
If you liked the Super Reverb, you might like the Tweed Blues Junior. It's pretty small, but can be cranked to get a decent volume. It has great cleans and takes pedals really well too. It doesn't have a headphones jack, but I think this is the amp that would fit you best.
Quote by TommyChung71
I used to be in a band (had an excellent Super Reverb that I loved dearly, but sold) then after the band broke up, I moved into an apartment. I'm trying to find the best amp for a bedroom/apartment setting. I love the fender type sound. I was looking into the Fender Blues Jr. (with Bill M mods) and the PRRI. The cost of the PRRI is quite a bit more than a Blues Jr. with mods. What's people's advice on this topic? I think the DRRI is gonna be too much for the apartment. I don't play live or with a band. Just rocking the bedroom.

I should explain some more things of interest to me.

1) Volume wise, I'm not looking to get much louder than when you turn your TV up, if that helps. (Again, apt. living)

2) I love the sound of tubes but I'm not even sure they make a product with tubes at such a low volume.

3) I don't love the modeling amps. I have a POD xt for that.

3) A headphone jack with be a bonus as the Mrs. likes me to turn it down from time to time.

4) I should say that I lean towards the clean Fender sound mostly.

5) I do record from time to time. Usually just throw a SM58 in front, into the m-box, into garage band.

Any other tips would be great. Got Christmas around the corner and I need to tell the Mrs. what I'm interested in.

zvex nano?
Thank you please.
Vox Pathfinder 15R - its like a mini AC30 in a light, cheap, easy to carry shape And its pretty cheap too. Just don't think they make em anymore, so might need to look 2nd hand. Sounds TONS better than the AD series.
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
i'd say Epiphone VJ, seeing as though it sounds like you like blues/ cleans and don't want anything with to many effects the VJ combo sounds good for you
Plus its either 5w or 15W, i can't rememer, cause i know the head is 5w
^ it's 5 watts
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
TT on 7 or vjr
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
low watt tube amps(1-5) is NOT the best bedroom amp! They dont get good overdrive at bedroom volumes, they need distortion pedals to get higher gain on low volumes,

whats needed is a good amp with a master and channel volume knob, that sound good at low volumes
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard