is it possible to switch a tune o matic bridge on an epiphone wilshire
for a bigsby vibrato?
you could go with a stretsbar, they're drop in's for tune-o-matic bridges, they give about as much range as a bigsby, and they dont require routing or anything.
im a blues man, but a good man, understand?
Bigsby's dont need routing. And Im pretty sure if you use the same type of Bigsby that SGs have, itll work fine.
Quote by erikdelay
is it possible to switch a tune o matic bridge on an epiphone wilshire
for a bigsby vibrato?
No.

the tuno is a bridge. the bigsby is a tailpiece. you can't use a tailpiece as a bridge.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
thanks for the help i meant changing the stop end tail piece for a bigsby vibrato.
Quote by jacobtriffo
you could go with a stretsbar, they're drop in's for tune-o-matic bridges, they give about as much range as a bigsby, and they dont require routing or anything.

+1

dont listen to the others. while a bigsby is a tailpiece, you would need to route, even with the SG one. but stestbar is the way to go, just a drop in, no screwing or routing required.

might also want to check out les trem.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
you only have to drill a few little holes to fit the bigsby in
I've heard a few bad things about the les trem, i was going to get one but they don't have much range and they ruin the finish
im fine with drilling holes considering i plan on changing pick ups to gibson burstbuckers or classics and i plan on refinishing in red or black. maybe even purple
Quote by TK1
+1

dont listen to the others. while a bigsby is a tailpiece, you would need to route, even with the SG one. but stestbar is the way to go, just a drop in, no screwing or routing required.

might also want to check out les trem.
No.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
EDIT: NVM everything I just said it's aready been said.
Also, Purple finish would kick complete and total ass! DO IT! then pics
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
if you can find a roller bridge to go with your tailpiece then a bigsby could work, otherwise, go with the stretsbar.
im a blues man, but a good man, understand?
ok i see. not bad. so in total to change the trem about $200/US, then pickups later on... plus finish change before trem is put in.
what kind of a purple would go well with a wilshire. i was thinking purple inside then fade to black on the sides. what do you think of that idea