Or whatever order.

Well I got home today from my guitar lesson at 5:30 then played guitar in my room for about 3 hours so then I go down to the basement because I feel like recording something to put on Youtube. Which is rare for me.

So I get down there, I plug in my guitar, and the clean works fine. But when I switch to the distorted it doesn't work at all. Well, I mean, you can KIND OF hear it if you turn it up all the way, but that's about it.

I already checked all the knobs/cords and played around with them a little. I'm sure it's the amp because I tried the guitar in another amp and it worked.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
the problem is you're using an MG
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by kaosxrocker
the problem is you're using an MG

Thanks smartass, anyone want to give me something USEFUL?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

I wanted to say that too, but I wasn't going to... :P Um, take it in and get it checked, if its something internal with the drive channel theres really nothing you can do.

Edit/

I've fixed some solder connections on the schools amp in the electronics room we have before, but unless you have a good place to check that with the right equipment to resolder and stuff, I'd advise just taking it to the shop.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
check the fuses, that may be the problem.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
is it under warranty?
because if it is your best bet is to ship it back and have them fix it, if its not, its probably a component level problem. the guys over on ssguitar.com might be better suited to this problem, they have some solid state wizards over there.

though, its one of those things where its hard to figure the problem out without being able to poke at the amp itself.

you could take it to a repair shop, but there's no telling what's wrong, or how much it would cost without a warranty.
im a blues man, but a good man, understand?
Quote by echo_4190
I wanted to say that too, but I wasn't going to... :P Um, take it in and get it checked, if its something internal with the drive channel theres really nothing you can do.

Alright. I might be able to return it hopefully since it's probably "defective" even though I've had it for a few months. I don't have a problem with the amp, I want to save up for an Orange. A cheap one though.

EDIT: Yeah, I have a warranty so it wouldn't be too expensive.
Quote by Zinnie

Quote by andrew12398
Thanks smartass, anyone want to give me something USEFUL?

This is UG, so most likely not
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7

wisdom....

either way, the warranty would cover everything, provided you've used it properly, i'd take it in, 100%

as soon as you open it you dont have that coverage anymore
Quote by Exo M7

He did say MG.

I had one and ended up having problems too. Try to return it if at all possible. If you liked the tone and such just fix it under warranty. Sorry we are so brutal on MG's.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Sorry we are so brutal on MG's.

its for a good reason, they break, alot, and the harder we push marshall to make a better product the sooner they will. and there are better amps out there for most people.

as for an orange, the tiny terror is pretty nice, it isnt too loud, and it has that orange sound to it. its the cheapest true orange amp you can buy really. they make ss stuff, but its no better than anything else...
Quote by jacobtriffo
its for a good reason, they break, alot, and the harder we push marshall to make a better product the sooner they will. and there are better amps out there for most people.

as for an orange, the tiny terror is pretty nice, it isnt too loud, and it has that orange sound to it. its the cheapest true orange amp you can buy really. they make ss stuff, but its no better than anything else...

Yeah, I've heard that marshall amps aren't too reliable, I figured it wouldn't happen to me because I don't take it anywhere.

Eh... 15 watts really isn't much at all. I love the orange sound though.
Quote by Zinnie

Quote by andrew12398
Yeah, I've heard that marshall amps aren't too reliable, I figured it wouldn't happen to me because I don't take it anywhere.

trust me, its louder than you'll ever need, when orange says 15 watts, it really really means it
Quote by jacobtriffo
trust me, its louder than you'll ever need, when orange says 15 watts, it really really means it

I'll probably just buy the tiny terror combo, it looks pretty promising.
Quote by Zinnie

sweet, i just youtube'd the combo version (i wasnt aware they made one) it does look pretty cool
Quote by andrew12398

i guess m y biggest concern is the fact that you have been a UG'r for 2 years and you came here tonight with this problem.

Most Marshalls are reliable - only the MGs that are not. 15 watts of tube power is loud now....what have you been doing all this time?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
i guess m y biggest concern is the fact that you have been a UG'r for 2 years and you came here tonight with this problem.

Most Marshalls are reliable - only the MGs that are not. 15 watts of tube power is loud now....what have you been doing all this time?

i've been lurking for like half a year, i know how it feels

and also
for your listening pleasure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Gy2UUqzV0
tiny terror combo demo
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Doesn't mean I go to this section, or am here frequently... at all. I used to be a pit-goer but now I only come here every so often. I never really posted in anywhere else that much so. So facepalm that.

Playing guitar, you?

Quote by jacobtriffo
i've been lurking for like half a year, i know how it feels

and also
for your listening pleasure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Gy2UUqzV0
tiny terror combo demo

Thanks, I prefer that over the one I watched earlier.
Quote by Zinnie