so, ive recently been wanting a tele, BAD. of course, i dont have the cash nor will i anytime soon to buy one. so, i had the crazy idea of having my friend in woodshop cut out a tele body for me, and use the neck, pups, and strap buttons off my EG 112 to cover most of the hardware. of course i'm going to have to buy a tele bridge, control plate, and one tele pup for the bridge. my question is, is it even possible? and is it feasible? i'm thinking ill do this over the summer when i have time. also, where can i get materials for a finish on the body? i dont want to just settle for spraypaint.

if there are any gigantic wholes in my plan, please feel free to point them out to me so i dont screw myself
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
you'll need a neck. You can get one for like $30 - $200 depending on where you buy, go online, look at a few places like guitar fetish, All parts etc.
It is a fantastic idea. Although, don't go ahead and rush it and put cheap hardware etc on it because you want one, then it will change your mind about teles. If your going to do something you have to do it right. So go to the Ultimate Template thread, get a tele template, print it out, take it to your friend, he will cut you out a nice body, nice and neat with all the routes etc (hopefully, if he doesn't bash him )
Then gather up all your hardware, and your pickups and neck and screw everything together. Make sure before your friend does the neck pocket and drills for the bridge holes that you know the scale length of your neck
I found a hole in your plan:
Quote by TehMasterSword
tele

Seriously though, it should work out, just make sure you get some quality wood for the body. Poplar is probably the cheapest, but I personally don't much like the sound you get out of it.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by guitarcam123
you'll need a neck. You can get one for like $30 - $200 depending on where you buy, go online, look at a few places like guitar fetish, All parts etc.
It is a fantastic idea. Although, don't go ahead and rush it and put cheap hardware etc on it because you want one, then it will change your mind about teles. If your going to do something you have to do it right. So go to the Ultimate Template thread, get a tele template, print it out, take it to your friend, he will cut you out a nice body, nice and neat with all the routes etc (hopefully, if he doesn't bash him )
Then gather up all your hardware, and your pickups and neck and screw everything together. Make sure before your friend does the neck pocket and drills for the bridge holes that you know the scale length of your neck

Actually, i was planning on using the neck from my EG 112 ive got right now. I'd figure i might run into some discrepancies with scale legnth and all, but im sure i can fix that pretty easily by adjusting the bridge position with enough planning if it does.

and yeah, i just checked out that thread. SOOOO usefull, im so glad that guy put it together.

as for the wood, i was thinking mahogany or basswood.

so, besides quadruple checking and correcting any differences in neck width and scale legnth, i shouldnt run into any problems in this project?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
well to make sure you don't have any scale length/ intonation issues, measure the distance between the nut and the 12th fret on the neck and then double it. That distance is how far away the saddles on the bridge should be. So find that measurement and because tele bridges have very addjustable saddles, place the bridge on the body so that the saddles have enough room to move to get the right scale length
You'll also want to make sure that you cut the neck pocket to fit your EG's neck, a regular Tele neck pocket very well may not. Also, for more of a real Tele, make sure you get the Tele pickguard and all...Not only will it make itlook more authenthic, it'll make the routing sooo much easier
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
Actually, i was thinking about not even having a pickguard. i havent completely decided yet, since im not sure what finish im going to use.

i REALLY appreciate all the help guys. this is why i made this thread now, so i can have all my questions answered before next summer when i do it.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50