This is the first song of me I've written, recorded, and sang to. This is the first time I really took a shot at singing so let me know what you think.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/DiveRightIn63/

Edit: Guh, didn't notice it but my monotone (supposed to be backup vocals) are way louder than intended.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
i like it, the back up vocals add to the song, but you should sing not talk (=

nice lyrics too
I made them in GP and put them in Reason. I forgot to record real drums to it haha.

And yeah, I know that part sounds bad.. Not sure how else to do it.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I rather enjoyed that. I felt the intro was a bit overdone though, by the time the first drums came in I was waiting for the first verse to come in instead. Your vocals are a little dry, and it really seperates from the backing music, good lyrics though.

Oh, and the irony - Both our songs have the same chord sequences!
Quote by gallagher2006
I rather enjoyed that. I felt the intro was a bit overdone though, by the time the first drums came in I was waiting for the first verse to come in instead. Your vocals are a little dry, and it really seperates from the backing music, good lyrics though.

Oh, and the irony - Both our songs have the same chord sequences!

yeah the intro was actually going to be the intro to the CD itself and I just included it in the song file.

what do you mean by 'dry'?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Quote by DiveRightIn63
yeah the intro was actually going to be the intro to the CD itself and I just included it in the song file.

what do you mean by 'dry'?

The production on the vocals doesn't match the processed sound of the backing track. A bit of reverb on them will improve them significantly
Quote by gallagher2006
The production on the vocals doesn't match the processed sound of the backing track. A bit of reverb on them will improve them significantly

Oh, yeah I agree. I didn't do much mixing work with the vocals seeing as I don't really know how to work with vocal production. I was actually gonna post in the recording forum later.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

the voice wasn't so great, but i got the just of it. if this was a live production, i'd be amazed, you sound alot like tom delonge, in a good way!

9/10 and yes, reverb would help drastically.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.