I'e had several studio sessions over the last week or so and it has to be the best time I've ever spent as a bassist.

I love being in the studio.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
What is it like in the studio?

Can be daunting at first with all the mixers and the mics, but as long as you listen to the sound engineer and you've got your songs correct before you go in, you're fine.
Wow. Put it in a blog or what?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Goddamnit. UG is not your fucking blog.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'd hate to be a bassist in the studio.
You have to wait until everything else is done before you do your parts.

The only part I don't like about the studio is waiting for everyone else to be done.
There is soooo muchhhh waitingggg.
ITT: I'm in a band recording music. What the hell are you doing with your life?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Xiaoxi

Lol, yeah, as much as I hate to say it, unless the topic was "Recording Studio Experiences" asking people to share its not exceptable. Unless we decide to shift the topic that way!

My brothers band was doing drum tracks in Grouse Lodge in Co. Westmeath in Ireland. We had a great time, I got to play the same Grand Piano that Matt Bellamy from Muse was playing! He didn't actually record with it, but he played it They also have a private bar with the best Guinness ever

Also, since we spent the day there, we got to use the pool....well the rest of them did, I fell asleep on the couch in the mixing room while the engineer played the sound of my snoring over the intercom It was a really cool place though
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
I love being in the studio too, man. Cept when one small thing goes wrong, like the headphones arent working, and it takes like 30mins to figure out what to do. However it's great fun actually recording.
Although nothing compares to playing live.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
from my experiences being a studio bassist is pretty boring and i love bass. all you do is lay down the rhythm tracks and sit around watching people do their leads.
why should we care?

some one has no actual friends to brag to....
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
why should we care?

this.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by daltonator9690

The only part I don't like about the studio is waiting for everyone else to be done.

That's why I'm glad my band records as a band doing a take, rather than each of us overdubbing tracks. It's so much more exciting

Quote by Zugunruhe
why should we care?

I have friends...

except they're mostly non-musicians and so wouldn't be interested.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I have friends...

except they're mostly non-musicians and so wouldn't be interested.

well, so far you haven't shared anything interesting. you came here to brag
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
My step-dad is a musician and we had our own recording studio in our basement.
It was awesome but my mom and him got a divorce before I played guitar and got into more music than just band.
I just enjoy nerding out with fellow techies and getting ideas for my own studio (assuming unlimited budgets). Sometimes it's fun to learn about little idiosyncrasies...for instance Classical stations/productions love Tannoy monitors for some reason.

And although it started with a brag, it's become more a "what you like about high end studios" discussion.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Xiaoxi

relax, he plays bass and drums...

he doesnt know any better.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by ravioli123
Lol, yeah, as much as I hate to say it, unless the topic was "Recording Studio Experiences" asking people to share its not exceptable. Unless we decide to shift the topic that way!

My brothers band was doing drum tracks in Grouse Lodge in Co. Westmeath in Ireland. We had a great time, I got to play the same Grand Piano that Matt Bellamy from Muse was playing! He didn't actually record with it, but he played it They also have a private bar with the best Guinness ever

Also, since we spent the day there, we got to use the pool....well the rest of them did, I fell asleep on the couch in the mixing room while the engineer played the sound of my snoring over the intercom It was a really cool place though

I sense a thread about recording experiences coming.

Too bad ive never been to a studio, my uncle has one but he lives in colorado and me in nebraska.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Fast_Fingers
I just enjoy nerding out with fellow techies and getting ideas for my own studio (assuming unlimited budgets). Sometimes it's fun to learn about little idiosyncrasies...for instance Classical stations/productions love Tannoy monitors for some reason.

And although it started with a brag, it's become more a "what you like about high end studios" discussion.

I will admit, I'm a sucker for a good mixer and some ProTools!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm not bragging!
1. Like Xiaoxi said, there are blogs for a reason. I don't come to the Pit saying "Hai guys. I love my iPod!" because it's a fucking pointless post.

2. Saying "No I'm not!" and "I'm not...." etc. several times in a thread might not necessarily be against the rules, but it's fucking retarded.

3. Congratulations. You went in a recording studio. I'm crying in the sheer excitement I get from the thought of you being in a recording studio.
Quote by The Madcap
1. Like Xiaoxi said, there are blogs for a reason. I don't come to the Pit saying "Hai guys. I love my iPod!" because it's a fucking pointless post.

2. Saying "No I'm not!" and "I'm not...." etc. several times in a thread might not necessarily be against the rules, but it's fucking retarded.

3. Congratulations. You went in a recording studio. I'm crying in the sheer excitement I get from the thought of you being in a recording studio.

Harsh but hes right
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by daltonator9690

umm usually the bass records right after the drums and before the guitarists and vox.

and yeah, being in the studio is ok sometimes, but sometimes it's just frustrating as hell, it loses a lot of its charm after you've done it about 50 times I guess.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm