I am going to make this short...

I love the gigbag...but,
I hate having a $60 gigbag for my $2000 bass...
What case(s) should I look at?!
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Get over it? It is probably one of the best gig bags you can buy for a bass.

Otherwise go shell out the money and buy a flight case.
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Quote by Ampeg SVT
go shell out the money and buy a flight case.

This. So long as you don't mind hauling it around.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Whats wrong with hard cases?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
Whats wrong with hard cases?

Nothing. But seeing as how it would appear TS is mildly freaking out about the safety of his $$, a flight case is definitely the safest portable case that you can buy for a bass.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
I am fully ready to haul a road/ata case. That's not the problem. What brand should I look at?
BTW, I love the gig bag... it's well-padded and safe. But, I am going on the road soon and I will need something that can be packed and basically make love with every other hard case in the trailer.
Duck

My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Warwick Rockcase?
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by solid_moose
Warwick Rockcase?

Okay, I assumed that would be a wise investment. But I fail to find pics nor general information on said item. If anyone has one, or knows of its reliability... please indulge me.
Duck

My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Quote by aceofbass131
Okay, I assumed that would be a wise investment. But I fail to find pics nor general information on said item. If anyone has one, or knows of its reliability... please indulge me.

I have one, its fairly high quality, the locks are pretty bad, but the latches hold well.
My Jazz neck slips out of the groove, so I need to pad it slightly, but a standard neck fits perfectly.
It stands up to being manhandled by my dad, thats for sure.
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Last edited by solid_moose at Nov 22, 2008,
How much did you pay for it? and where did you get it?
Duck

My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Quote by aceofbass131
How much did you pay for it? and where did you get it?

NZ$120 from the RockShop in Wellington, don't know if that helps :P
Quote by telecastrmastr

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by aceofbass131
I am fully ready to haul a road/ata case. That's not the problem. What brand should I look at?
BTW, I love the gig bag... it's well-padded and safe. But, I am going on the road soon and I will need something that can be packed and basically make love with every other hard case in the trailer.

I have no idea if these will fit your bass, but Hiscox cases in general are amazing. I would get one for my 6 if I could find one that fit.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Thanks guys for your input! I love the bass forum...
Anyways, price is not a big issue, but finding them in person is. I know it's next to impossible find one in stock, but I have to try. I live in America, and I am finding out that buying a German sex machine (Warwick) is a wise but troublesome investment. Any other brands or should I just search Musiciansfriend/Guitarcenter for one?
Duck

My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Watch this.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

When you say $60 gigbag, is it a nameless one or the official Warwick one? If it's a Warwick bag, your bass is pretty safe unless you're taking a big trip.
Yeah... I am taking a long trip, soon... I love the Warwick Gigbag. Best construction and really padded. What about if I buy the SKB Flight case and stick the gigbag inside?
Duck

My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Ever since giving my Jazz a nice dent in my premium Warwick Rockbag, I use a Hiscox hardcase these days.

For softbag options, I would go for a leather case (Overwater and Levy's make some). There's also the Sadowsky Portabag and the Incase Slimbag cases which look pretty kickass and are better padded.
Holy hell welcome back
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by shut_up_you_***
Ever since giving my Jazz a nice dent in my premium Warwick Rockbag, I use a Hiscox hardcase these days.

Do they make custom hiscox cases? How much did your Jazz case cost?
Duck

My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Quote by aceofbass131
Do they make custom hiscox cases? How much did your Jazz case cost?

It's usually a one size fits all. It does move around a tiny bit (only up and down), but not as much as my old Warwick Thumb! But still... it will fit your Warwick Corvette.