Does anyone here use these? I am completely in love with these picks. I'm just curious to see if anyone else feels the same way.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
I use Jim Dunlop Jazz III's and they're tiny, no slip, and really help in tremelo picking. I use them for playing stuff like Maiden, Metallica, and Slayer and they work much better than conventional sized picks. I'd recommend them

But no I've never tried Ultex, What are they like?
Quote by ShreddyKickflip
I use Jim Dunlop Jazz III's and they're tiny, no slip, and really help in tremelo picking. I use them for playing stuff like Maiden, Metallica, and Slayer and they work much better than conventional sized picks. I'd recommend them

But no I've never tried Ultex, What are they like?

same here. dunlop jazz IIIs are sick, i can hardly play with a conventional sized pick now.. unless its straight up strumming.... otherwise i feel like im holding a huge piece of plastic.
The ultex ones are a bit stiffer than the rest. They don't really give at all, and they seem to feel a bit thicker. The attack with these picks is just brutal, though.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
Quote by ShreddyKickflip
what kinda stuff do you use them for? speed metal? power metal shredding?

I use them for everything that I play. Most of my riffs are either thrash or shred inspired. Either way, these picks do me well for all types of fast picking.
Logan

I use them too. I was recommended the Jazz III's but didn't like them at first cause they slipped so I cut up both sides for grip. Now with the Ultex picks that isn't necessary. I personally use them for blues but I hear they are good for fast picking riffs since they are small. Hope this helps.
Epiphone G-400
Epiphone Valve Junior Half Stack
Fender DG-20CE
Quote by ShreddyKickflip
how much are they? $4-5?

They're like $4.15 if I recall correctly. They're definitely no more than $5.

EDIT: This is for a set of 5.
Logan

hmm maybe I might try these picks. are these picks manly for for fast stuff or are they good for blues and classic rock as well? I play everything so yeah...
Quote by Flash445
I use them too. I was recommended the Jazz III's but didn't like them at first cause they slipped so I cut up both sides for grip. Now with the Ultex picks that isn't necessary. I personally use them for blues but I hear they are good for fast picking riffs since they are small. Hope this helps.

Right now I'm using the black stiffos Jazz 3's. What would the ultex add that these picks don't have?
Jazz IIIs are the way forward for anything technical, though I'm not sure about the Ultex ones - I find the attack is far too harsh. I prefer the standard red or black ones depending on the string tension.
join the jazz III group
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
hmm maybe I might try these picks. are these picks manly for for fast stuff or are they good for blues and classic rock as well? I play everything so yeah...

i find them good for blues

really enhances dynamics with a tube amp, you can really dig in
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
join the jazz III group

I actually started a group for the ultex jazz III's. Nobody joined yet though
Logan

Quote by IPlaySchecter
I use the red jazz III's. I cant play with any other pick since i started using them.

Indeed, I feel that jazz picks are far underrated.

Quote by Necrophagist777
Check my sig lol!

Awesome! Join my group o.O
Logan

Quote by A7X-LoGaN-A7X
Indeed, I feel that jazz picks are far underrated.

Awesome! Join my group o.O

I don't use ultex ones though, i use the black stiffo ones.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
I don't use ultex ones though, i use the black stiffo ones.

Ah. What a shame.
Logan