The Ghouligans
7 Crowns
Fracas

A promising line-up gone horribly wrong.

The are a twenty-something group of stereotypes. Their style? Pseudo-70's English punk, with a side of redneck. They stress originality, yet wear a uniform. I was insulted when the 7 Crowns assumed my mother and I were locals.

The first wannabe punk band, The Ghouligans, were local yokels leaning far towards psychobilly. And horrible psychobilly at that. The two-tone quiff the lead singer/drummer sported was a tragic omen of what was to come. The bassist's sporty, flame-emblazoned upright was more trust fund, less starving artist. The bass, it turned out, was just for show. No wonder South Medford High's band is underfunded... Even the crowd of loccals, save groupies and girlfriends, stood silently in shame.

The 7 Crowns were very refreshing, knocking some Pyrate "Punx" out of their reverie...that is, after I threw my cousin into my mom, who then collided into the lead guitarist. Thank god they were from the UK. At least some variety was present...

Then, Fracas, my beloved, aging punks from the Bay Area. Loud, aggressive, amazing set...with no one left to hear. All the kids had gone home (at 8 PM on a Friday night). In spite of my cries of "TOO DRUNK TO FUCK!!" they did not play any songs I was willing to break my glasses over. Oh well. There's always the next decade.

The putrescent stench of white trash has developed a lackluster, pathetic shell of a scene. I do love that they put on all ages shows, but from what I've seen, there isn't much keeping the scene alive. Is punk dead? While I refuse to believe that's true, kids these days may as well go back to their Ken and Barbie doll, Banana Republic, Britney Spears wannabe lifestyles. Let it die with dignity, damn it!

/rant
No one gives a shit. Take it to B&A.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
No one gives a shit. Take it to B&A.

that was incredibly constructive, and very thought provoking. thank you for your valuable insights. we'll get back to you ASAP with a coupon. please keep shopping with We Give A Fuck About Local Music Inc!

...and if you didn't give a shit, why did you waste your precious time responding at all? someone wants attention! lucky for you, I'm here to provide it!
Did you write that? Very volatilely written, but it sounds like there wasn't much to compliment to the show. If you did write it, I'm impressed. If you didn't, no surprise, most scenes usually degenerate into mere caricatures of themselves, parodies trying to make people dance and not trying to make music.
Quote by MakinLattes
that was incredibly constructive, and very thought provoking. thank you for your valuable insights. we'll get back to you ASAP with a coupon. please keep shopping with We Give A Fuck About Local Music Inc!
clap clap clap, you have interest in something. Too bad you haven't mustered enough basic deduction skills to voice your interest in the right place.

...and if you didn't give a shit, why did you waste your precious time responding at all?
To emphasize the fact that no one in here gives a shit about your dumb little band and if you took it to B&A, you might actually get someone who does.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
clap clap clap, you have interest in something. Too bad you haven't mustered enough basic deduction skills to voice your interest in the right place.

To emphasize the fact that no one in here gives a shit about your dumb little band and if you took it to B&A, you might actually get someone who does.

your wit is sharp.

this isn't about bands, it's about how much the Pyrate Punx and the scene here in Medford suck. the bands were used to point out how lifeless shows are.

and...I don't have a band.

p.s. I did write it, and I agree..damn asians...