to when you have a series of notes, but the band that does it hits ech of them, but there realy fast and in an order where you could do hammer ons and pull offs? cause theres a tab, and it sounds ok doing pull offs,
no its never ok. i dont understand the question.

let me sum up what people are going to respond with:

your music is your own and no one can tell you differently.
based off how you described your problem, you need lessons.
check the link in my profile for help (for the cocky people who apparently put lessons in their profile @_@)
like, tab ---12--11---12--11---12--11

if that was there and it went realy fast, instead hitting each note, like the band does, couldnt i just hammer on and pull off, it sounds good to me still
Yeah you still can, it took me a while to get what you were asking. It will still kinda sound the same but when its fast who can tell whats going on?
well, I normally play it in the way the sounds the best to me.if it's a spot in the song where picking is important to the rhythm or dynamics then I pick it, if it sounds better with legato or it doesn't really make any difference I might use legato in that case. to me, legato is part of the expression, it can be used, or not. like if it's something simple such as 15-14-12-15-14-12 then I'd probably use pull offs.
Ignore any legato markings in a tab; merely use them as a guide if you get confused. Pick a legato phrase it if you want. Play a picked passage with all legato. It's your call. Just make sure you hit the right notes at the right time. You can even move a few notes to a different string if that makes it easier to play!

Don't ignore slides, however. You can make picking and hammers/pulls sound virtually identical, but slides and bends for that matter are unique.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Ignore any legato markings in a tab; merely use them as a guide if you get confused. Pick a legato phrase it if you want. Play a picked passage with all legato. It's your call. Just make sure you hit the right notes at the right time. You can even move a few notes to a different string if that makes it easier to play!

Don't ignore slides, however. You can make picking and hammers/pulls sound virtually identical, but slides and bends for that matter are unique.

whoa, when did you change your avatar? i didn't recognize you. then I saw the ~Sue in your sig and I was like, "wtf? that's not BGC" until I scrolled up and saw your name.
alternate picking
/
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein