i want to buy a wah pedal, but can't decide between the dunlop crybaby and the morley classic... i know the crybaby is a legend, but the morley is less expensive! is there that big of a difference?
From what I hear, the Crybaby is crap, so I got the Vox V847 which has served me well.
Quote by ttreat31
From what I hear, the Crybaby is crap, so I got the Vox V847 which has served me well.

funny, because they're more or less the same pedal. trust me, i've owned both and modded both.

to the TS:

Either way, crybaby, vox, they're all ok for the price but if you want a great wah pedal you have to shell out the money for it. Wahs are one of those things where you just have to shell out the cash for good tone. I personally would not bother with crybaby or vox and would save up the extra for a fulltone clyde or a rmc wah.
i have bought a Wah long time ago, in 2004 or it was the original dunlop cry baby after 6 months of use and abuse (think Vai or Hammett usage) the pot went bad, a couple months later i bought a gt-8 and ive only used the wah on that, its still going strong

now you probably dont feel like digging deep in your pockets for a multifx board, but thats my warning to you...expect to search for another wah after a few months of abuse if you get the cry baby
personally
i think crybabies have junk tone
i really want one of those morley tremonti power wah's
they sound really good
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
What kind of stuff dyou play? I've got a Crybaby that I modded, it's much better now.

And there are lots of other wahs, Vox, Fulltone, Budda and RMC wahs are good.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
vox wahs are sex
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I don't like Crybaby's.

I really like VOX and the Morley Bad Horsie.
I don't own one, 'cause my amp has an auto-wah but I've used them elsewhere and they're great wah-wahs.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
I just started a thread about wah modding. If you're electronically inclined, you can purchase a classic Crybaby for less than $80 and modify it to sound like a much more expensive wah.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Go with a VOX wah.

Owned a Vox wah. It fell apart within a year. Wouldn't touch a Vox Wah today. That was over $100 down the toilet.

My modded Crybaby is 14 years old and you can't tell the difference between it and a $300 Real McCoy Picture Wah.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
Owned a Vox wah. It fell apart within a year. Wouldn't touch a Vox Wah today. That was over $100 down the toilet.

My modded Crybaby is 14 years old and you can't tell the difference between it and a $300 Real McCoy Picture Wah.

Well it really depends on the wah-wah that you chose. And if it's modded, then well yeah It would sound really great.

Well if he knows how to mod it, then there's nothing stopping him from getting a cheap Crybaby and improving it.
However if he just wants something to play straight away, then I think a VOX or a Morley would be much better.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt