i wanna learn fall for you by secondhand serenade and i have to tune the B string to a C so if i put the capo on the 2nd fret and tune to a B will it be C when i take it off? or wont that work? i gotta know haha anyone that can help? this would be so much easier for me
yeah..... that will work

tune before you put a capo on though
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
if the songs in EADGBE just tune up the b, its only a 1/2 step up so its not gna break the string, thn just use the capo
i want the tuning to be EADGCE so what i said will work right? as long as im in EADGBE before i put the capo on right?
well, instead of fretting the g at the 4th fret, fret it at the 5th and you'll have your C to match

then of course to tune the e after that, fret the b (c) string at 4 instead of 5

and

'i have to tune the B string to a C so if i put the capo on the 2nd fret and tune to a B will it be C when i take it off?"

no

B to C is a half step (1 fret)
so based on what you just said i can tune to a C using the capo on the first fret?
i don't know why you insist on using a capo to tune...

in any case, you'd have to go the other way if you wanted to do it that way, you'd tune the open string to a D with the capo on 2, then when you take the capo off, that open string would now be a full step lower...C

what i'm saying is that you should just tune your guitar like you normally would, EADGBe

THEN

go to the g string, and play the note at the 5th fret, this note is the C that you want the B string to sound like

so just tune the B string up until it sounds the same as the 5th fret of G
A capo is completely unnecessary. In standard tuning your B string matches the pitch of the G string played at the 4th fret. All you have to do is tune your B string up so that it matches the pitch of the G string played at the 5th fret instead.
^ you don't need a capo at all
do what they said
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h