Hey. As I write this, i'm sitting in my bed, literally pooing myself. A couple of days ago I found out a mate of mine had lung cancer at the age of 15. I'm 15 to. We both smoked around 5 fags a day and we always used filters etc. But, the thing is yesterday I got a nasty cough, i started having slight trouble breathing and just felt generally ill.

I know that lung cancer is not infectious or anything but I cannot get the thought out of my mind that if he got it, i could get it and the current illness i have is making it so much worse.
You are the first people i have spoken to about it and I was just wandering what kind of things i could do to take it off my mind or just some reassurance. Also, any similar brick****ting illnesses you thought you had.

tl;dr My mate has been diagnosed with lung cancer and im worried that I have it too because i'm ill at the moment.
NOIZE
Doctor, man.

The only help the pit can provide is to tell you to go to the doctor. WebMD is a good resource too, though definitely no substitute for the real thing.

That said, if you smoke, it's pretty much a given that you'll develop a smoker's hack. Inhaling tar, ammonia, and rat poison will do that, yaknow?
Nope, no sig here.
I'm sorry about your friend, hope he's alright.. I hope you're well aswell.. go see a doctor.. don't ask the pit.. :P
u dont just get lung cancer like that go take a test for ur own mental health or whatever but relax....and worry about your friend not yourself
yea that sucks man, hope he gets better, but go to the docter fo' sho'.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by georgakis187
u dont just get lung cancer like that

I'm pretty sure you do when you smoke especially when you are underage.
NOIZE
Quote by Mutant Corn
That said, if you smoke, it's pretty much a given that you'll develop a smoker's hack. Inhaling tar, ammonia, and rat poison will do that, yaknow?

like he said. smokers cough a lot, doesn't mean you have lung cancer, just shit in your lungs.

but I believe I'll call the rat poison a lie.

edit: ^ no, smoking increases your risk of lung cancer, it isn't an automatic 'you have lung cancer!' and the people who do get lung cancer normally get it when they're older.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Nov 22, 2008,
I hate the term 'fags'
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by BeerSlutBenji
you only just realised that you may get lung cancer from smoking...?

No. I knew it all along but what with my friend actually being diagnosed, it really hit home.
NOIZE
dude no no no no no no no...even if u smoke....5 a day? thats nothing and ESPECIALLY when ur 15 (so u ve been smoking like for 2-3 years?) theres is VERY little chance of getting it...i used to live in greeece...in my classroom of 25, about 22-23 smoked...AND ALOT. all of them were fine.

ur friend just got VERY ****ing unlucky....worry about him and not urself...and just quit or lower ur smoking habbits but 5 a day is pretty much having very little effect on ur body. no more than taking a one hour walk through a busy city with all the car fumes (worse for your health- more CO)
I think you've just got that cough that most smokers eventually get. It took years for my uncle to get any form of cancer from smoking though, so I doubt you have it. I think your friend is a rare case. I HOPE he is. And I'm so sorry to hear that he has it.

You might want to look at quitting. If this doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will.

Also, see a doctor. Hope you end up being ok.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 22, 2008,
Quote by georgakis187
dude no no no no no no no...even if u smoke....5 a day? thats nothing and ESPECIALLY when ur 15 (so u ve been smoking like for 2-3 years?) theres is VERY little chance of getting it...i used to live in greeece...in my classroom of 25, about 22-23 smoked...AND ALOT. all of them were fine.

ur friend just got VERY ****ing unlucky....worry about him and not urself...and just quit or lower ur smoking habbits but 5 a day is pretty much having very little effect on ur body. no more than taking a one hour walk through a busy city with all the car fumes (worse for your health- more CO)

Yeh, this dude is right.
Quote by A7xRGods
Placebo effect.

No.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Quote by Abunai X
I think you've jsut got that cough that most smokers eventually get. it took years for my uncle to get any form of cancer from smoking though, so I doubt you have it. I think your friend is a rare case. I HOPE he is. And I'm so sorry to hear that he has it.

You might want to look at quitting. If this doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will.

Also, see a doctor. Hope you end up being ok.

I haven't heard truer words.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
I have a good friend that just died of lung cancer a few weeks ago, and wasn't even a smoker. It's terrible, cancer is becoming so common. It's ridiculous.
But you shouldn't worry, your friend just got incredibly unlucky. The chances of you having it as well are slim. It's probably a good idea to stop smoking though, you're quite young and it's a terrible habit.
I hope your friend gets better man.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Breathe in some asbestos it'll cure your lung cancer.

Don't do it though.
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Please, for God's sake, quit smoking while you're still as ahead as you're ever going to be; my Nan died of lung cancer earlier this year and it was the most agonizing thing I've ever had to watch.

I know you don't want to hear this man but these are going to be hard months; talk to other people you know about it, the internet is no substitute for real human contact in situations like these.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You don't get lung cancer because of smoking 5 fags a day when you are 15. I hope your friend will be alright. The thing is, there's also another form of lung cancer not triggered by inhaling a bunch of crap. I forgot how that works. Bad thing is, your friend might have cancer cells in his lungs because they came from somewhere else in his body. Cancer spreads fast. If cancer is diagnosed, chances are high it might be somewhere else in the body too.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
dude...listen. cancer is a mutation of cell....simple. yes smoking contributes to the mutation of the cells in your lung....but not 5 "fags". my dad used to smoke for 20 years like 2 packs a day...yes u could see his endurance gettign weaker etc. but no cancer. cancer is a rare condition in which ur cells mutate to form cancer cells. ur friend jsut got VERY unlucky. ur health should be fine and yes if u dont have the willpower to keep ur habits to 5 a day then quit. if you can stay at 5 a day i can guarantee you that u ll hardly ever notice any health alterations.
Quote by HuckIt
You don't get lung cancer because of smoking 5 fags a day when you are 15.

My friend did. He has the Squamous (sp?) type which is caused by smoking.
NOIZE
you shouldnt be blowing 5 fags a day in the first place you might catch something.
Quote by FortuneFaded
you shouldnt be blowing 5 fags a day in the first place you might catch something.

burn....

but no bad on you
Quote by Bignose
Dude... just relax, take a few deep breaths... it'll all be fine.

You dick

also chill out, I second placebo

start smoking weed also, it'll help you quit cigs, it did for me
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by georgakis187

Quote by powerhead
Yeh, this dude is right.

You guys are idiots. Don't spout stuff like that.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by Putrefaction
You dick

also chill out, I second placebo

start smoking weed also, it'll help you quit cigs, it did for me

I already do, but it doesnt help, whenever im wrecked i just smoke more.
NOIZE
Quote by alteredgod
I already do, but it doesnt help, whenever im wrecked i just smoke more.

Well continue, THC isn't too kind to (potential)cancer cells
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Your friend is really unlucky, and I'm really sorry he's got this illness. This would be a good time to reevaluate your smoking habits and, hopefully, quit before it's "too late". Some people don't get lung cancer if they smoke, a lot do. Your friend is unfortunately part of the latter. It doesn't matter how many you smoke, every single one damages your lungs. Also, your 15 years old mate, which means your lungs probably haven't even finished developing to their maximum potential, which makes you even more susceptible to lung problems.

tl;dr: your friend is unlucky. stop smoking.
I hope your friend makes a full recovery and you both learn from this that you should stop smoking.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
I hope your friend makes a full recovery and you both learn from this that you should stop smoking.

Need anything more be said?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Need anything more be said?

I don't think so
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Couple of options:
-Placebo effect, go to a doctor, he'll tell you you're fine and you can sleep in peace.
-You've got cancer too, go to the doc and he'll get you treatment. The sooner you do that the better the odds are.
-It's just a nasty smokers cough. Try to quit smoking, otherwise visit a doctor

I am very sorry about your friend, best of luck to both of you!

tl;dr: Go to a doc, good luck!
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes