I have a Legen Les Paul guitar and I get this hiss sound it quiets a little when i touch the strings but it's annoying when I'm playing slow songs I tried different cable and amp same hiss.. so i think it's my guitar.. it's kinda rusty and old but it's a good guitar except for the hiss
Sounds like you have either wiring issues(ground) or your pickups are junk
Epiphone Les Paul Custom(antique white, SD hot rod set zebra, no pickguard)
ESP LTD EC401(tobacco sunburst, SD Distortion pups)
Epiphone EJ 200(sunburst)
Fender DG100(natural)
Applause Strat (copy red)
Digitech RP500
Boss TU2 Tuner
my pickups are generic kinda rusty too.. is there anyway to fix this without changing the pickups?
Check your wiring, if all the connections are still solid, then you'll have to change your pick ups.

Pick ups aren't that expensive, and a good set can make a $100 pos sound like like a $2000 work of art.

I put a $200 set of Tesla Actives in my Gibson/Balwin (really crappy) LP and now it sounds like a million bucks!
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by Petey D
Check your wiring, if all the connections are still solid, then you'll have to change your pick ups.

Pick ups aren't that expensive, and a good set can make a $100 pos sound like like a $2000 work of art.

I put a $200 set of Tesla Actives in my Gibson/Balwin (really crappy) LP and now it sounds like a million bucks!

I'm in a tight budget right now but I think I can get a hold of carvin C22 neck and bridge ( someone is going to give me for free) I'll try changing the pickups.
thanks for the replies