Page 1 of 2
ME:

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
MCR
Panic!
Underoath
Haste the Day
It Dies Today

(Yeah I know they're all the same thing, **** off)
I listened to Mastodon live on Youtube and Brent had a strep throat and sounded like sh*t when he sang, my friends thought it sucked but they changed their minds when i listened to the studioversions and showed those instead.

Oh, and Slipknot.
Quote by Zeltaok

Oh, and Slipknot.

Complete opposite for me, used to think they were OK, but listened to live material and realised they were hopeless at it.
Quote by Tomo009
Complete opposite for me, used to think they were OK, but listened to live material and realised they were hopeless at it.

Yeah, i prefer their studio material over their live stuff too, their studio stuff is good at best and OK for the most of the part.
Quote by Project Pat
ME:

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
MCR
Panic!
Underoath
Haste the Day
It Dies Today

(Yeah I know they're all the same thing, **** off)

interestingly, i still think THEY are really ****e
*Enter Sig Here*
To be fair, i dont rate any band until ive actually heard them...................unlike some people on these forums who just jump on the band wagon when 1 person says 'greenday suck' the other person goes 'yeah greenday suck' without having heard them.

All bands i think suck do suck IMO, ive never went back on my word.

(greenday do suck, i was just using them as an example)
At first Zeppelin. (OHMIGOD WAIT. Don't hurt me, I'm not finished yet)

When I was like six, I heard a snippet of Plant's singing in Stairway to Heaven, and I thought he was just high or something.

It wasn't until I was like 12 when I gave them a good listen and was like 'HOLY S***. I WANT 2 HAZ J1MMY PAGES BAB33z.'
Can't say I've encountered any groups like that. Perhaps Nirvana, but again, I don't go for total guitar virtuosity all the time.

I must say, I have a MAJOR problem with the music trend today, with all these college students raiding their parents' 60's clothes and buying vintage equipment so they can try and sound like the Beatles or The Hives or whoever, and the media is ranting and raving about how "original" and "creative" they are, when they're all either dying to look and sound like they stepped out of 1967 or trying to sound like U2.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Fightstar - I thought they were awful and then I saw them live supporting Coheed And Cambria; they weren't that bad.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
I love it when people play with my hair :3

Being a dog must be awesome.
I hated the Pixies when I first heard them.

I was a dumb bitch.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I'm the other way round for half of these bands, as in I hate them now when I used to love them

I add all the rap on my iTunes. I was such a rock elitist until I heard Cypress Hill, Ice Cube and Immortal Technique.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I was never particularly fond of screaming... I didn't hate, but avoided certain bands. Now i quite like TheUsed and i'm currently in the middle of an unhealthy obsession with The Fall Of Troy.
Hip Hop. The good kind.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
MCR
The Smiths

...and now I'm a hardcore Morrissey fan.
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
Quote by Shnrub
To be fair, i dont rate any band until ive actually heard them...................unlike some people on these forums who just jump on the band wagon when 1 person says 'greenday suck' the other person goes 'yeah greenday suck' without having heard them.
All bands i think suck do suck IMO, ive never went back on my word.

(greenday do suck, i was just using them as an example)

I think everybody who's had a radio in the past 3-4 years has heard green day, so thats probably a bad example.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
fall out boy. I still think they are more popular than they deserve to be but they aren't as bad as some people make out, and patrick stump has a pretty solid rock voice.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
For me,

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
As I Lay Dying
and Metallica (first thign i heard was one of the solos for And Justice album, then part of blackened, thought it was annoying. but now they are one of my top favorite bands and ...And Justice is my favorite album of theirs)
You Did Decide!!
Disturbed
There name sounded like som crap death metal band, but i listend to em and now i like them
My Gear:

Peavey T-15

Peavey Vypyr 15w

Unamed "Prarie" Acoustic

GAS List
Agile AL-2000

New England Patriots for 2009 super bowl!
Pretty much all the death metal bands here. I used to hate them for some reason but as I listened to more hardcore music I eventually grew to like them.
Fall Out Boy.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by meakel

When I was like six, I heard a snippet of Plant's singing in Stairway to Heaven, and I thought he was just high or something.

Yeah cause we all believe you knew what snippet meant, what pot was and that you actually knew what you were listening to at six years old.

/sarcasm

But on topic, Trivium. Hate them as a band because they're wankers... but The Crusade has become one of my favourite albums, it is very good.

Also Brand New, used to pay em out just to piss my mate off cause he listened to them along with like Blink and Taking Back Sunday who are ****. But finally gave in and listened to them, one of favourite bands.

And finally classic rock, completely wrote it off at first because I was an ignorant little prick.. but realised how stupid I was when i finally sat down and listened to Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen etc..
Last edited by CaptKelly at Nov 25, 2008,
Quote by Killbait06
For me,

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

lol j/k

Dashboard Confessional
"But first...are you...experienced?"
Quote by Hale_91
interestingly, i still think THEY are really ****e

ur sho kewl

The first time I heard Minor Threat I thought they sucked, but now I like them a lot.

Jack my swag
I can only think of one band I just automatically hated for no reason and after listening to the music, decided I liked them.

That would be The Killers. Green Day is one of my favorite bands and I didn't like Brandon Flowers talking smack about them. I heard Somebody Told Me on the radio a few days after I heard what he had said.

Long story short;

I've been listening to Day & Age for the past six hours NON-STOP.

But I don't have a life that gets in the way of music, so it's not that impressive. More pathetic then anything.
Slipknot
Red Hot Chili Peppers
AudioSlave

In general, I had a weird tendency to dislike bands that everyone was going insane over and got a s*** load of coverage, hype, mtv plays, etc. But there are quite a few who deserve the coverage :]
Maroon 5. I heard She Will Be Loved and thought they were another annoying pop group. Then out of curiosity one day I decided to listen to Songs About Jane and thought it was great. Their new one however sucks. It's way too slick and overproduced.
John Mayer
Bob Dylan
Between the Buried and Me, I love their bass player.
Westbound Train.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Chiodos

Underoath

Dillinger Escape Plan

My Chemical Romance

Fall Out Boy

Children Of Bodom

Lamb Of God

Trivium

Atreyu

Escape The Fate

I used to think all these bands sucked the first time I heard them...all of them grew on me. Although I'm extremely disappointed with Atreyu and Fall Out Boy's new albums, I still listen to them.

EDIT: Escape The Fate's new album was also ok, but it could have been a WHOLE lot better. The lyrics were as bad as Bodom's.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Last edited by Thebiz at Jan 14, 2009,
i remember wayyy back in 2004 when i first saw the "A Favor House Atlantic" video i thought Coheed and Cambria was ridiculous, and at best a joke with claudios huge hair and his prepubescent voice....
damn i couldnt have been more wrong in my life.....

i have been borderline obsessed with them for 5ish years and now they are my most favorite band. i highly suggest giving them a good listen.
The Beatles. Boy was I wrong.

I listened to five of their albums straight last night.

Also, pretty much all death metal, ESPECIALLY Bring Me The Horizon. Now, I listen to it frequently, and BMTH is one of my favorite bands.

Quote by HearshotKd33
i remember wayyy back in 2004 when i first saw the "A Favor House Atlantic" video i thought Coheed and Cambria was ridiculous, and at best a joke with claudios huge hair and his prepubescent voice....
damn i couldnt have been more wrong in my life.....

i have been borderline obsessed with them for 5ish years and now they are my most favorite band. i highly suggest giving them a good listen.

Coheed and Cambria is an amaaaazing band.
Nirvana: Thought Cobain was just a screaming wierdy
Led Zeppelin
Guns 'n' Roses

wasn't I wrong?
Fear Before the March of Flames

These guys are abso-fucking-lutely incredible, I ignored them for so long because I assumed they were another annoying scenecore band with an annoyingly long name.
In Flames is the only one I can think of, but I take a listen to atleast one whole album before I judge a band.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I'm a huge ****ing hypocrite..
I *HATED* yes, HATED Atreyu, Bring Me The Horizon, Children of Bodom, Escape The Fate, Metallica and Underoath.
I try not to judge a band before I hear them. But if someone's talking to me about music and wont shut up about them - i'll assume they're ****e.
The same with bands with lots of haters, I hated bmth 'cause of Oli and how everyone said he was a dick. When I actually listened to them they blew me away!
we will never sleep, 'cause sleep is for the weak,
and we will never rest, 'til we're all fucking dead.
Page 1 of 2