The New Year is coming, and I have decided to try and upgrade my sound, atleast to what extent is possible to do so. I have Roland Cube 30X and Jackson DK2T, without any effect pedals. I am planning to by some Wah-Wah and Distortion/EQ pedal. I know, I should better save for a tube amp, but its not an option here. I would like to have something similiar to that huge 80s lead guitar sound. I have heard that distortion pedals work really poor with solid state amps, but could the EQ pedal then be an effective option? And will it work ok (both wah and eq) with my amp?

Thanks in advance
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Don't buy any pedals other than an EQ and wah. Moddelling amps don't take to modulated effects pedals or distortion/overdrive pedals nicely.
You're not going to get that huge 80's lead sound until you upgrade your amp boyo. Save your money
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
So buying EQ pedal would actually improve my sound, despite the amp being modelling SS?
Current situation:
An EQ is useful to anyone with an amp as it allows you to tweak the sound even further.
It's not going to make your amp sound monstrous or insantly better than it is but an EQ is a handy piece of kit.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I am playing all kinds of stuff, though I would like to boost my distortion for heavy metal (no heavier than thrash), and generally to make sound better and to have more options in customizing it. My limit is around 250 euros for Wah-Wah and EQ together.
Current situation: