I've got a bit of cash saved up and am looking for an amp i can use at home and with a band, that works well with effects boards. I have a Zoom G2.1u if it makes any difference. Preferably it needs to have a headphone jack for when everyone else in the house is in bed.

I don't wanna pay too much money, but again don't wanna lose out on a good sound...

Thanks for any help
Try some spider amps then
- LTD Eclipse 1000 w/SD's
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky transparent red w/SD's
- Marshall MG 50 DFX

ENGL fund €120/€1941.5
I have a Behringer LX1200h with the pedal board . It's a pretty sweet combo, great pre-amps too.
Let The Madness out
a small tube amp would be better. or a laney solid state.

spiders and behringers.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by Sacrebleu!
I've got a bit of cash saved up and am looking for an amp i can use at home and with a band, that works well with effects boards. I have a Zoom G2.1u if it makes any difference. Preferably it needs to have a headphone jack for when everyone else in the house is in bed.

I don't wanna pay too much money, but again don't wanna lose out on a good sound...

Thanks for any help

Ignore people saying spiders, they're only good if you don't already have an effect board which you do. (Spiders have inbuilt effects).

I'd look into Crate or possibly Blackheart.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Anyone care to suggest some specific amps for me to try out?
Last edited by Sacrebleu! at Nov 22, 2008,
What sort of music do you play?
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

wats ur budget?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
What sort of music do you play?

Mostly blues, hard rock and metal. Led Zep, Maiden, AC/DC, Velvet Revolver, Hendrix, Metallica, RHCP are a few examples....

EDIT: Budget is around £150
Mkay.

How important is the headphone jack? Cause atm I'm thinking maybe a Laney VC15 would be good.
Quote by saphrax

Vox ad30/50 vt for that budget your not gona get better.

I misread the post, i thought you wanted onboard effects...........still the on board effects on this amp are pretty good and it does work with pedals reguardless of what some people might say.
Ok thanks. And the headphone jack isn't necessary just a nice little extra.

Thanks for all the help guys, i've made a little list and am gonna try out a few of the suggestions over the next few days if possible.
Last edited by Sacrebleu! at Nov 22, 2008,
Check Out The Crate Series. Theyre Tube For Cheap, I Think The V18 Would Suit You Well.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
spiders work terribly with effects. i say go cheap tube like V18 or even an epi valve junior. it doesnt have a headphones jack, but you could just plug your headphones into the zoom
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Valve Junior.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
spiders work terribly with effects. i say go cheap tube like V18 or even an epi valve junior. it doesnt have a headphones jack, but you could just plug your headphones into the zoom

epi vjs dont take well to pedals at all. if you need a cost effective amp, go for the v series. if you dont mind spending a bit more, the peavey classic 30 is an all around great amp.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!