Page 1 of 2
Howdy,

So recently I've been watching all the really classic Disney movies (mainly Eisner era of the Disney Company) which consists of all those films that are more of a cartoon style (e.g. Beauty & Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King etc.) and I suddenly realised that despite the target demographic being children, those films were AWESOME.

You don't see movies of that kind of quality and character anymore. Although all that CGI stuff they use nowadays allows for some great images and new possibilities, they don't have the same feel as those old classics. Screw CG.

Anyway, take this chance to reminisce about any liked Disney classics. And holler if you agree they should bring those kinds of movies back.
How's the weed?
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Freaking love those films. Now it' ALWAYS the same old 3D comdey ****. eg- Shrek, Madagascar, Over the Hedge, Incredibles, and there are just so many that it's gotten pretty ridiculous.

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

op has a good point, all this gci shIite is just lazy, now disney/dreamworks can churn out another animated film every year in time for the summer, with silly names like "kung fu panda" and "space chimps" kids will want to go and see them because they have funny names and have simple slapstick and basic humor

the sole exceptions are finding nemo and wal-e that actually have subtexts like the older films and dont just go for silly jokes and impressive visuals

disney films are generally no longer works of art anymore
anyone seen Princess And The Cobbler?

i think seeing it 500 times at the age of 5 ****ed me up for life.
Quote by 035036503530
anyone seen Princess And The Cobbler?

i think seeing it 500 times at the age of 5 ****ed me up for life.
No, but I've seen Princess Gives A Gobbler.
The Lion King and Fantasia are both awesome.

News flash though: Lion King has CGI in it
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah I know that as they progressed, many of those films added CG, but the overall look of the film was still of the animated cartoon style. And that in itself still felt like it had character and a special feeling to it.

Beauty and the Beast also had a really obvious CG part (the Ballroom dancing with the famous Beauty and the Beast song), and that preceded the Lion King.
Yeah, those movies were the best! Disney could really try and create more normally painted (not CGI) movies, because somehow they have more nature and feeling to them. Also, there used to be far more morals and meanings inside those movies. Now, with films like Madagascar or Garfield, it's all about stupid jokes and frivolous 'coolness'. Of course, there are exceptions like WALL-E or Shrek, but most of them are not up to the par of the old ones.
Quote by UNIe
Garfield

That was just a terrible movie in general; Garfield was never really meant as a childrens thing anyway and every attempt to transfer it away from the original comic format has been riddled with fail and AIDS.

Quote by Chrois
Yeah I know that as they progressed, many of those films added CG, but the overall look of the film was still of the animated cartoon style. And that in itself still felt like it had character and a special feeling to it.

I know exactly what you mean, the organic quality that hand-drawn animation has to it is just so much better than the CGI stuff.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Speaking of Disney, has anyone thought about the **** they show on The Disney Channel? Corey in The House? Hannah Montana? The Suite Life of Zak & Cody? (The two actors whom I HATE so much.)

I mean, even the movies Disney is spewing out now just to make money. For example:

Not only this, but Tinkerbell, High School Musical 3 and various others. What the hell has happened to a company that used to bring joy to so many families? All they do now is come up with ****ty ideas for movies, which don't need to be good, as long as they make money... and I can see how. My sister loved the Disney Channel, and always asks mum to buy the new Disney DVD's that come out, just because they feature her favorite characters.

Also, The Jonas Brothers? Camp Rock? What the ****ing ****? This gets almost personal now, as Camp ROCK is actually about Pop. My sister came up to me the other day singing some Jonas Brothers song, and when I ask her what it was, she said; "It's a cool rock song."

This is just giving kids a false idea about what rock is, not what it REALLY is; ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Kansas, etc. Too bad that is basically ignored nowadays.

I could seriously go on all night about how bad Disney is now, and I believe that Pixar is the only glue holding Disney together.

/Rant
I enjoy Suite Life.

...and Hannah Montana.
EDIT: Also, your rant on Jonas Brother's not being 'rock' blah blah.

KILL ME.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Speaking of Disney, has anyone thought about the **** they show on The Disney Channel? Corey in The House? Hannah Montana? The Suite Life of Zak & Cody? (The two actors whom I HATE so much.)

I mean, even the movies Disney is spewing out now just to make money.

Not only this, but Tinkerbell, High School Musical 3 and various others. What the hell has happened to a company that used to bring joy to so many families? All they do now is come up with ****ty ideas for movies, which don't need to be good, as long as they make money... and I can see how. My sister loved the Disney Channel, and always asks mum to buy the new Disney DVD's that come out, just because they feature her favorite characters.

Also, The Jonas Brothers? Camp Rock? What the ****ing ****? This gets almost personal now, as Camp ROCK is actually about Pop. My sister came up to me the other day singing some Jonas Brothers song, and when I ask her what it was, she said; "It's a cool rock song."

This is just giving kids a false idea about what rock is, not what it REALLY is; ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Kansas, etc. Too bad that is basically ignored nowadays.

I could seriously go on all night about how bad Disney is now, and I believe that Pixar is the only glue holding Disney together.

/Rant

I agree with most of that, but you have to realise that musical genres change. What was rock 20 years ago isnt rock today. But I agree with you that The Jonas Brothers are not rock.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Plus Ariel the mermaid is fucking smoking.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by 'Leviathan'

/Rant

yup, this is true. the Pixar movies are the only things associated with disney that are making any real money nowadays. remember when movies from Disney were instant classics? Lion King, the little Mermaid, The Aristocats?

when is the last time any animated Disney-only movie has ever been a success?`It's been a while, and disney is, IMO, only still around because of Pixar and the ridiculous marketing bullcrap they pull nowadays. I mean, they always have, but at least it had SOME quality.

I hate new Disney. It died with Walter.
I agree, old disney films and well... Just old cartoons in general are 1000 times better than everything made today.

Same music wise. It seems that the best people can do today is just copy and pray for the best.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by CoreysMonster
yup, this is true. the Pixar movies are the only things associated with disney that are making any real money nowadays. remember when movies from Disney were instant classics? Lion King, the little Mermaid, The Aristocats?

when is the last time any animated Disney-only movie has ever been a success?`It's been a while, and disney is, IMO, only still around because of Pixar and the ridiculous marketing bullcrap they pull nowadays. I mean, they always have, but at least it had SOME quality.

I hate new Disney. It died with Walter.

Pixar is the animation studio Disney uses. They just do the animation. And Disney don't do animated movies without them.

EXACTLY my opinion
Why can't Disney make movies like they used to? Its sad

Mind you, Finding Nemo was pretty awesome
Last edited by wombifat at Nov 22, 2008,
Quote by wombifat
Pixar is the animation studio Disney uses. They just do the animation. And Disney don't do animated movies without them.

EXACTLY my opinion
Why can't Disney make movies like they used to? Its sad

Mind you, Finding Nemo was pretty awesome

not really, pixar is (or at least used to be) an entire film studio, they come up with all of the stories and whatever themselves. I have no idea what part disney played in Toy Story and such, back when Pixar was an individual studio, but now disney bought them. stupid steve jobs. should have kept pixar and let it grow into the new animation super-studio.
NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS ****ING ROCKS!!!!!!

even if it is cgi
P.S. this is what the alphabet would look like without the letters Q and R
I actually love old Disney movies. Fantasia and Alice in Wonderland ftmfw.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
I love all the old school Disney movies, and still watch them rather regularly. I agree with what most people have said so far about CGI, but that Pixar produces high quality movies, as well as some select Dreamworks titles (Shrek).
You see, back then when there were no amazing effects, you actually had to have a really good storyline and script for such a film to succeed. Today, they don't need storylines nor good scripts. Just put a bunch of nice CGI in there and a good name and you have a secure hit. Nobody wants to take chances anymore unlike Walt Disney, who risked his entire fortune with Snowwhite.
Although there are some good movies out there. Toy Story 1, 2, and Monsters Inc are ****ing amazing. I always cry at the ending of Monsters Inc.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by The Jake

even if it is cgi

IT IS NOT CGI!

It's stop-motion, also known as "little puppets moved milimeter by millimeter to achieve the illusion of movement on film
It seems the trend goes as the more work they have to put in it, the better the quality is. I'm not saying CG doesn't require a lot of work, 'cause those suckers need a lot of computer time. But you know, they're still gay.
I was watching The Hunchback of Notre Dame awhile ago on VCR with my little cousin...

That is a kickass movie, man. It's got corruption of religion and discrimination/racism. It teaches a lesson and has aspects of an adventure movie, an action movie, and a romance movie. Freaking HSM has what? Teen drama.
I was just watching the Nightmare Before Christmas, awesome

Quote by The Jake

even if it is cgi

it's stop motion. not CGI, n00b.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i just watched the incredibles, which was decent, dont know if thats disney or not, but disney has made some fine movies, but also, the new joker TPB is awesome, but disney is very cool, but Miyazaki is the best, but this is also interesting:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110008/

disney had something to do with it
Aww man I love the old disney movies and still watch them a lot too, the new disney movies though are kind of lame. However I saw Bolt tonight and I thought it was one of the better movies i'd seen in awhile. I'd recommend watching it.

I still love Peter Pan, Toy Story 1 & 2, The Aristocats, The Lion King, The Beauty and The Beast, and they're is definitely more in there. Actually pretty much all the old ones were golden.
It's because the old movies are basically a good story.

They have like that book quality to them. They aren't formula based scenes thrown together with fancy effects.

There's nothing wrong with the new movies really. It's just that the attention is somewhere else now. Visuals is "the hawt thing" in this time.

I personally think it's because people hardly read books. I almost know for certain, that the original disney pictures were all made by people who got inspired by either reading books or good stories in general.

And most of the best movies today with fancy fx are from books. Lord of the rings to name 1.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 23, 2008,
Agree with you guys. But Ratatouille was a good movie too. (is that Disney? not sure)
cat
I think a lot of the Disney movies were from folk tales and stuff, which may or may not have been written down formally. Like I'd never heard of the tales of The Little Mermaid and stuff, unless Disney pulled that one out of its rich ass.

But for me the general trend of movies derived from well established books is that they suck ass.
They are actually doing a new film in the same style as their classics. Using traditional animation, a fairytale plot and with musical numbers. I'm looking forward to it. Its coming out next year.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=o0j7EactM9s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_princess_and_the_frog
TO = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from

TWO = the number 2

TOO = in addition; also; furthermore; to an excessive extent or degree
Quote by YoHendrix
i know its not Disney, but its along the same lines

Toy Story is amazing!!

it is disney. pixar work with disney i think.

but toy story is ****ing amazing!
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Page 1 of 2