Hi,

I've got a question about the effects that Guns 'n Roses used in songs like Knockin' On Heavens Door and Paradise City.
Which effects do I have to use to create that sound of the verses and intro's of these songs?
I've tried a lot of effects like chorus, but with only the chorus effect, it doesn't sound like the way that Guns 'n Roses played it.
I hope someone can help me with this

Thanks!
Last edited by jorisy00 at Nov 22, 2008,
Quote by jorisy00
Hi,

I've got a question about the effects that Guns 'n Roses used in songs like Knockin' On Heavens Door and Paradise City.
Which effects do I have to use to create that sound of the verses and intro's of these songs?
I've tried a lot of effects like chorus, but with only the chorus effect, it doesn't sound like the way that Guns 'n Roses played it.
I hope someone can help me with this

Thanks!

Uhhh... You tried the Chorus without the chorus... Confusion?
Duncan.Hills.Duncan.Hills. COFFEE!!!

If a tree falls in the woods, and a man is there to hear it, but the tree crushes the man, does the man dying make a sound?
i THINK it's probably reverb or even possibly some short delay mixed with chorus. but as im not totally sure, i couldnt give you a definitive answer. sorry.
Distortion? I have no idea what you're asking to be honest.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Slight reverb, slight chorus, there might be the tiniest amount of phaser or fuzz (like TINY tiny) and a good ol' Les Paul
For a guns n roses sound, your not gona get it if u have a crappy amp or effects. Buy a half decent marshall tube amp and you'll get close. Aside from that, nice overdrive, bit of reverb, neck pickup.
A bit of chorus, A bit of reverb, mids high, treble just under the middle and bass high.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt