Hello!

Never posted anything of mine here before, so I thought I'd start by posting my first ever "song" (It's very short and, in my opinion, crap) and a A minor Pentatonic riffy thingy I made just now.

Cheers.
Attachments:
Couple of things.zip
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
If you think it is crap then why would it matter what we think? T&C is for offering criticism and advice which the composer might not have thought of.

Anyway, it is very short, but it does have potential, add in a rhythm section and then it could sound quite good.

Can I ask why you have 2 guitars doing the exact same thing? They harmonise at the end but it seems kind of unneccesary. You might want to revise bar 12 by the way.

It's not bad, but it's got a long way to go. Just some advice, maybe write rhythm parts first, then add a melody/lead part over the top?
Ok, thanks for the advice.

I had the guitars doing the same thing because I wasn't sure what to harmonize in. 5ths? 7th?
I dont know.
But thanks for the criticism.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
I never harmonise guitar parts really, I don't pay much attention to theory when writing, I usually just go by trial and error and using chords to work out what will sound good.

Usually bands harmonise in 4ths or 5ths though I believe? Don't harmonise in this though, it will just sound predictable and cliche. One of the guitars should be doing a rhythm of some sort.