Basically ^. I play metal, will probably be alternate tuning it a fair bit. Want a low action, nice sounding pickups, preferably not a beginner bass or a custom shop style bass. But thanks,

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

price range?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
price range?

Like I said, not a beginner bass and not an obscenely good one.

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666

lol you win todays award for most vague answer to a question
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
If you're looking for a pretty good bass I would suggest Schecter Omen-5. I've had it for a little over a year and it hasn't given me any trouble at all and it's well made. It's the only five string I've had, but I'm more than happy with it.
Quote by m4l666

That isn't your price range. A price range is extremely helpful in giving you an answer. Although I do hope you're going out to music stores and trying basses out anyway.
I've known guys who started on vintage stingrays with custom paint jobs.

how does 500-1500 USD sound? with some flexibility, of course?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

ns design 5 string.

m i doin it rite?
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Quote by Deliriumbassist
That isn't your price range. A price range is extremely helpful in giving you an answer. Although I do hope you're going out to music stores and trying basses out anyway.

I am trying them out. Ah well then...
My price range is about £100-£150. That's (very) roughly US$200-$300.

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by isaachary
If you're looking for a pretty good bass I would suggest Schecter Omen-5. I've had it for a little over a year and it hasn't given me any trouble at all and it's well made. It's the only five string I've had, but I'm more than happy with it.

Thanks, I was considering Schecter. Do they exist in the UK or would I need to get an import?

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666

for a bit more you can get a yamaha, they are very decent
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by m4l666
Thanks, I was considering Schecter. Do they exist in the UK or would I need to get an import?

Have a look on thomann.de. They're a German site but ship to the UK (with very decent prices IMO). I whole heartedly recommend a Schecter. Great basses, will last you a lifetime.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by m4l666

Ibanez, SR305 and SRX305. those can fit pretty much what any player would want at that price.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by m4l666

Giving US prices really doesn't help since UK prices are jumped up from US.

£100-£150 isn't going to get you anything more than a beginner instrument I'm afraid, unless you're very lucky in the used market.
Quote by m4l666

Sound Control sold them. As far as I've been informed Reverb (which is what was sound control) still does. If not, thomann is a good place, but you ain't gonna get a new Schecter for £100-£150, and I doubt you'll get pre-owned for that either.

Cheapest Schecter i saw in sound control was £250, and it wasn't the best thing I tried that day. (edit: although that would suggest you might get one for £100-£150 pre-owned)

Sorry to be a bummer =(
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?
Thanks guys. I have to be frank though, I'm f*cked. I think my best option is the Ibanez SR series, suggested by the humanity. Thanks for your help again guys, sorry most of it has been unfeasible.

Ibanez SR506BM
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright