Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there's much difference between the 6505 and the 6505+?
No there isn't. Seperate EQ for clean channel, so it's a bit more versatile, but it basically sounds exactly the same.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
doesnt it have an extra tube? or am I just being really stupid
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Yea it has an extra pre amp tube. It makes marginal difference. If you're trying to decide which one to get I'd say the + coz you're getting every good thing people say about the 6505 and a little bit more.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I tried them all and I prefered the tone of the combo. I now see why EVH used this on stage/in the studio over the heads. The tone of the combo is Godly. All I did was retube it and put in two custom voiced Emmy Legends out of a brand new Vader cab. The combo has a totally useable clean and reverb. You can always plug into a 4X12 also. Give them all a listen A/B/C and you'll see exactly what I mean.