View poll results: Which bass should I get
B.C. Rich Warlock Paolo sig
6 24%
Traben 5 string
8 32%
other
11 44%
Voters: 25.
Which bass should I get? Right now I'm renting this 4 string yamaha. I wanna get a five string. I was thinking about the B.C. Rich Warlock Paolo Gregoletto sig. I heard that B.C. rich isn't good. I was looking at the a 5 string Traben too. I don't want it to be super expensive.

If you have another recommendation then post it.

Oh yeah and I am into metal \m/
Last edited by armychase at Nov 22, 2008,
Ibanez have made some nice 5string basses.

Schecter on the other hand have made some incredible basses! Take the Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 for example:

neckthrough, satin finish, active EQ (ALOT of versatility in sound) and a super quality instrument!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Windfall that's a pretty cool bass. What is so bad about B.C. Rich though? Everyone says that they are crap but doesn't say why.
From personal experience, as a Rich has been the only bass I've ever owned until as of some time next week, my Warlock is a love/hate thing.

The love comes from it actually sounding decent, and a really nice-feeling neck.

The hate comes from how it has killer neck dive which cramps up my hand when playing standing, and also how the contours of the body force you to pluck from an awkward angle when playing fingerstyle.

Let's just say there's a reason why I'm getting a new bass.
the Traben. brutal looks are obviously important to you, and that bass does it, sounds great, and feels good.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I don't mind B.C. Rich beside the low end stuff. The Traben is probably your best bet.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Traben out of those too, but I'd look at Warwick or Rockbass
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!