I didn't think to use UG to find members, i'm not that optimistic, especially as bassists seem hard to find.

Anyhow.
My band, named after Colchester in ancient Celt times (Just before Romans renamed it) is looking for a bassist.

Influenced by all of the Scandinavian bands who sing about their Vikings, but we're English so are going from Ancient celts through the ages, hopefully.

Bands such as:
Ensiferum - Turisas - TYR - Equilibrium - Amon Amarth - Korpiklaani - Einherjer ETC

Most of the bands share nothing in style so its probably hard to work out what we sound like atm.
I'd say a mix between Ensiferum and Korpiklaani as we seem rather happy at the mo.
Its all really just melodic metal with a happy edge on some songs, the lyrics make it like the above bands really, so a metal bassist who wants to play fun melodic metal/power metal you can sing dance and drink to It will be a bit cheesy.

I forget to add, we're influenced by the more progressive music also so like to mess with time signatures (usually by accident) and song structures can be rather epic. Mainly because myself and drummer are influenced highly by Prog Metal/Rock

We're just started really but have quite a bit of material written by me, not all practiced yet, only had two full rehearsals.

Rehearsals take place on Tuesday nights usually every other week but a few in a row have been booked for Dec. Only tuesday nights can be done so if someone is never free then, theirs not much point, busy lives.

Cheers!
David
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Last edited by David_VI at Nov 22, 2008,