Hey PPL why does Kirk Hammet put a tape or what is it around the whole length of his palm of the right hand and runs it around the back of his hand too. Anybody who has seen their "Cunning Stunts" concert will understand. Does it help in any fashion while playing?
@titude
maybe palm muting sounds different, is easier?

Like this, rite?
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Nov 22, 2008,
Quote by Portuguese_boy
It has probably something to do with his wah pedal.

Perhaps it makes sure it's always on?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Portuguese_boy
It has probably something to do with his wah pedal.

Quote by Demon Wolf
Perhaps it makes sure it's always on?

Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Last edited by salsawords at Nov 22, 2008,
So the strings don't cut his hand. We all know Kirk Hammett uses cheese wire for guitar strings. That's how he gets those crazy Pinch Harmonics.

Or maybe thats Zakk Wylde........

Honestly, though, no idea.

AN IDEA!!! if you did the same to your fretting hand with electrical tape or something slick, you could move up and down the neck faster!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
it's so that he doesn't hurt his hand as he bashes it into the strings at random to get that distinctive hammet sound.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Yeah I read in a guitar world issue once that its to keep from getting cut by the strings.
Imagine your high E cutting you and then digging into your hand!
"so his hand doesn't get cut by the strings"??? wtf?? since when has ANYONE ever been cut by guitar strings???
Quote by Angus_Junior35
So the strings don't cut his hand. We all know Kirk Hammett uses cheese wire for guitar strings. That's how he gets those crazy Pinch Harmonics.

Or maybe thats Zakk Wylde........

Honestly, though, no idea.

AN IDEA!!! if you did the same to your fretting hand with electrical tape or something slick, you could move up and down the neck faster!

What is cheese wire man???
Quote by CoreysMonster
"so his hand doesn't get cut by the strings"??? wtf?? since when has ANYONE ever been cut by guitar strings???

Kirk Hammett, apparently.
Quote by CoreysMonster

just thinking the same thing....i have never, ever cut my picking hand while playing guitar
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed