I'm not sure how many people have seen this because it was like a month ago but...

Chicago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxct1OtFOOg (engine)
Columbus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnsR2bMj_c8 (engine)
Lexington: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9KgtoA6CeM (the fool and engine)

This can only mean one thing: Neutral Milk Hotel world tour in 2009!
haha.

We can dream right?
yeah, but probably late 2009, because they're gonna be busy recording their new LP during the beginning of the year, amirite?

ahhh, dreams.
Quote by NGD1313
yeah, but probably late 2009, because they're gonna be busy recording their new LP during the beginning of the year, amirite?

dude he's obviously already been recording it in these years that he's spent out of the public eye. It's done, and it's a masterpiece. A "Mangum" Opus, if you will. hoho.

as a side note, who wants to listen to my cover of in the aeroplane over the sea? what's that, everyone does? oh, in that case the link is in my signature.
Quote by danocaster
dude he's obviously already been recording it in these years that he's spent out of the public eye. It's done, and it's a masterpiece. A "Mangum" Opus, if you will. hoho.

i lol'd for days. ironically enough, those links inspired me to cover engine, and that's what i've been doing since my first post.
Quote by danocaster

as a side note, who wants to listen to my cover of in the aeroplane over the sea? what's that, everyone does? oh, in that case the link is in my signature.

That was tremendous sir.

On topic, I really hope Jeff does end up putting some new music out into the world, not just NMH, but anything would be great.
Well, the minute I even take a whiff of a new tour by Mangum and the boys, I am moving down south of 48 so fast you won't even be able to pronounce your name, because I just know they won't bother their lumberjack friends up north in Canada
Am I the only one who doesn't want to see any new material? It's been so long since their masterpiece that it would probably dilute their legacy if the new record wasn't up to scratch.

Not that I'm not curious, of course...
Quote by evanm31
I just creamed my pants.

Whipped?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
As much as it hurts me to say it.. I think Jeff should stay in his own little world. It will be so hard to write a follow-up to Aeroplane after all of these years. I don't know if he still has it in him. Lets remember NMH for the 2 full albums they put out and call it that.
There's something living in these lines.
Quote by gallagher2006
Am I the only one who doesn't want to see any new material? It's been so long since their masterpiece that it would probably dilute their legacy if the new record wasn't up to scratch.

Not that I'm not curious, of course...

Quote by guitarguy0153
As much as it hurts me to say it.. I think Jeff should stay in his own little world. It will be so hard to write a follow-up to Aeroplane after all of these years. I don't know if he still has it in him. Lets remember NMH for the 2 full albums they put out and call it that.

Word, and word.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Holy hell. I actually would like a reunion or album or solo tour or something. I don't care if it's as good as areoplane, because nothing is as good as areoplane.
Jizz is where it is
jeff doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who runs out of gas or material or things to say. i expect he's only just given us a little taste of the world he lives in.
who cares.
i am member no. 3 of the 'coheed and cambria fan club' interested? pm CoheedANDnofx6.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it"
-Mitch Hedberg
Jeff made some incredible music from his crazy little world. If he wasn't sane enough to tour or make new music, that tells me one thing: he's even crazier. I'm excited.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
do Neutral Milk Hotel Have a thread?
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1