Quote by schmintan
Ive saw a few korean stratocasters ( not squire) for sale for good prices ( such as the one below im currently intereseted in).

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=80742&cat=16

Is there something wrong with the workmanship in korean made fenders that allow them to be almost 1000 euros cheaper than an american made equiv?
Even though I like MIM Fenders, too, the MIK Fenders are better Bang for the $$$, at least the ones I've auditioned; specifically, the one you linked. The equivalent Lite Ash Tele is just as amazing.

If you like it, get it!

Wood quality and hardware don't quite compare to the MIA models, but they're still very nice guitars and definitely worth the money. The ones I tried sounded really nice (the Duncan pups sure do help).
However, I'd never buy one of these over the internet. Out of those I played, two had sharp edges on the fret ends, and it wasn't just one or two frets, but at least half of them and they were REALLY sharp. If you find one with proper frets though, you get a nice guitar.

EDIT: I used the word 'nice' a lot in this post. A very nice word indeed.
they're cheaper because it's just cheaper to produce stuff in general in korea, lower worker wages and stuff like that
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
they're cheaper because it's just cheaper to produce stuff in general in korea, lower worker wages and stuff like that
Agreed. The ones I've auditioned had very nicely-dressed frets and the finish was close to flawless. The set neck models are specially nice and feel high-end.

nice guitar i would look for it somwhere were you could try it out, but it seems good and if your ok about buying it without trying it then get it
I currently live in South Korea and have as such, taken it as my oppurtunity to try out as many Korean made guitars as I can. Frankly, they're incredible on the whole. For the price that they are asking for them, especially out here, they're very hard to beat.

I've always been a supporter of MiJ, but after playing some MiK stuff (mostly things that don't leave these shores) I'm very much into the K-Made guitars. I tried some handbuilt acoustics and they were incredible. They had some old MiK Tokai's too which I'm probably going to buy one of. Sweet.

But, same as anywhere else, try before you buy.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by TheQuailman
EDIT: I used the word 'nice' a lot in this post. A very nice word indeed.

You don't wanna say that to my English teacher then; say either get/nice in a story/essay, and you've given yourself about 5 minutes to live!

And I've played a Lite Ash Strat, MIK or course, and it played really well. Seymour Duncan pickups aswell. Maybe go out and play one, compare it to other Strats at the price level, and see what you think is better.

That Lite Ash Strat I played was amazingly cool, so yeah. I think the only MIK Fenders/Squiers you have to look out for is the acoustics, they're pretty awful. The electrics are decent though!
Cam Sampbell's my hero