I just bought the Bad Horsie 2 wah, and there's something about it i don't like:
when i turn it on by stepping softly on it , it goes really quiet, and it just goes back to normal volume after i fully step on it. is this normal? i don't like it because it means that you don't hear the sweep well.
is this always like this in Morleys?
Are you using good batteries or a a/c power supply?

Morley's are not as dramatic as crybaby's.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
im using a random 9V adaptor by some brand called 1 Spot. Could that be the problem
Possibly. Try a new 9v. If it still sounds like that then maybe your ears are right. The toe up tone is soft.
- Albert Einstein -
the thing is, i can hardly hear it. explaining in a very dumb mode : it doesn't go like "wwwwaaaahhhhh" , i can only hear it when it's already on the aahhhhhh
Morley pedals don't use pots like other wahs. They're electro-optical so they have a preset range that the pedals is set to target, and being that you have a Bad Horsie, it's spec'd to Steve Vai. You wont get that kind of tight axis from a Morley in my opinion. If you want the tone you're talking about, try getting a Digitech WH-1 Whammy.
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
Quote by fret_it_fast
If you want the tone you're talking about, try getting a Digitech WH-1 Whammy.

OK, you have no idea what your talking about. A whammy pedal is not the same as a wah.
- Albert Einstein -
I dont know why youre having the 1st problem but the basic default wah settings is Vai's preffered setting, just boost the contour and keep the level at medium and switch to the contour channel for a more dramatic sweep
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
^^^

I honestly like how vai has his spec'd

Its got that OOMF at the end, all the ahhhhh of the wah comes near the end. It just takes a bit of getting used to. I've had friends play mine and complain how their crybaby doesn't go far enough.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel