I broke a nut on my electric guitar trying to restring it, and it snapped in 3. Basically 3 sections of 2 string grooves, if that makes sense. The far left and right pieces fell out, but the middle one is still stuck, and glued down solid. How do I get it out?
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
Firstly, how on earth did you manage that?

I'd recommend nail varnish remover if it's glue on with superglue or similar- I've been using that on Warhammer models to clean up the joints for years.

Either that, or get a thin piece of something solid (a knife blade, for example) under it and lever it off.

Finally, pics would help me for one- I'm not quite sure as to the specifics of things.
what guitar is this? and...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Tried the hammer and wood thing, the nut just broke even more, now i have 1/2 a nut, in the groove, all glued in. now what. Im ****ed aren't i? pics coming.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill

So that's what happened. But this is before, now I've chipped away all the exposed nut, and now it's all in the groove.
Last edited by Jimmer1720 at Nov 22, 2008,
Help people, this really sucks, Please!
just get a luthier to replace the nut.. I did that with my tele, he removed it and installed my new one for like $10
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1