first, i play through Guitar Rig 3 and through a PA at church, so naturally i'm used to playing straight through my wah, so what's the point of an effects loop? what are the benefits of it or is it a "thats just how it is" kinda thing?

also, what's the point of a volume knob, AND a master volume knob?
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
About the volume thing.

Atleast for my Hot Rod amp(If i remember it right) the volume is for the clean channel and the master for overdrive channel. Sounds wierd yes but still^^
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
thanks for the link about the loop :]

and well the amp i plan on getting is a VOX Valvetronix AD30VT, so does that mean volume would be ch1 and master ch2?
how confusion.. :?
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
wat kind of church uses a wah or an electric guitar that needs a wah fo that matter
arent the ppl in the choir the ones who do the solos
i dont think god would like you playing the solo to "voodoo child" by hendrix in the middle of playing "here i am to worship" by sonicflood
ok, i looked at the controls for the AD30VT.....the master is for the whole amp, and the volume for the actual sound.

for example, say you have the master up half way. the "volume" knob can go from 1-10, where "10" is only as loud as the master will go.

so, master at 1, volume at 10, the amp will only go as loud as the master allows, aka "1".

master at 10, volume at 10, thats the max the amp will go.

does that help?
so master is like.. the limit.. right? so if master's at 3 but volume's at 10 will i get cranked tones?

i can also switch power to anywhere from 1-30W
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
well, you cant in theory (and in practice) get "cranked" tone out of a ss/hybrid. but yes, the "master" sets the limit as to how loud the amp will go. also, about switching power from 1-30 watts, is that volume/dB's dont really go on a 1-10 scale. its more of a doubling scale.
so are there benefits to having the master not at 10 all the time? will it clip the tone?

what i'm asking is if i put master at 10 and control using volume, will the sound be any different?

and vice versa
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
In a master volume amp, the volume is for the preamp. Many times it's labeled, gain, preamp gain, preamp volume, or just volume. The master is for the power section.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
okay, i see..

well, i guess one more, lol, whats the point of the wattage control..
to save power? i know it will be quieter with less watts, but that's what TWO volume controls are for, right? :P

EDIT: kevin i don't quite get what you mean..

and also, if i put my wah through the effects loop, the volume wont control that but the maser will, right?
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Quote by srvkicks@$$
wat kind of church uses a wah or an electric guitar that needs a wah fo that matter
arent the ppl in the choir the ones who do the solos
i dont think god would like you playing the solo to "voodoo child" by hendrix in the middle of playing "here i am to worship" by sonicflood

obviously this guy has never listened to cntemporary worship music :-p....

anyway, i think im too late to answer any questions
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by plunkett
okay, i see..

well, i guess one more, lol, whats the point of the wattage control..
to save power? i know it will be quieter with less watts, but that's what TWO volume controls are for, right? :P

In a hybrid amp like that it really has no use, the master volume should be more than sufficient. It just there for looks.
thanks
~~~~~~
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Quote by Skierinanutshel
lol, and once again i am shown up by the almighty kevin.

I learned the same way you are.
I always thought about it like this:

Master set to 10, channel set to 10 means 100%

Master 9, channel 5 = 95%
Master 1, channel 10 = 10%

make sense on paper and in practice
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
I always thought about it like this:

Master set to 10, channel set to 10 means 100%

Master 9, channel 5 = 95%
Master 1, channel 10 = 10%

make sense on paper and in practice

Probably, but if you crank the channel volume you'll max the gain out, and that might not be the sound you're going for.

I use my BJr this way:

I set the master all the way to 12 and then turn up the volume to around 4, just enough where I can get some grit if I dig in, but it's still fairly clean. I do it this since it works the power tubes harder and I can get that nice pushed tubes sound that's so great for blues. If I wanted a drier more rock like tone I'd turn the master down and turn the volume up to get more preamp saturation which would give me a more classic rock kind of tone.