i need help because i just bought it last weekend and the e string on the first 3 frets starts to buzz when you play and i play with my fingers not a pick.
Ibanez SR500
rise the saddles of the bridge, lust a little bit
or loose the truss rod a bit, just a bit
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
It sounds like you may need a quick basic setup. Everytime I change the string gauge on my SR800 or the weather changes from one season to another, I have to do a minor truss rod adjustment on my bass (I live in CA where the temps can range from 45 - 88 degrees F in one day and we go from no rain to months of rain).

My advice is to take it to a shop and have them show you how to do it. Its not a hard adjustment to do yourself if you know what you are doing with the truss rod.
You'll be needing a setup, I'd suggest going to a store to get it done professionally if you don't know what you're doing!

And I hope you're not playing through that Spider amp! Bass guitar + Guitar amp = no no!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
thanks i think i will just take it to guitar center and have them do it and the spider jam is a bass/guitar amp and it has a recording feature that you can track bass, guitar, drums, and vocals all at one time
Ibanez SR500
Quote by btbam420
thanks i think i will just take it to guitar center and have them do it and the spider jam is a bass/guitar amp and it has a recording feature that you can track bass, guitar, drums, and vocals all at one time

Really? I never knew that, I've only seen it marketed as a guitar amp.
Well I guess you do learn something new every day!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by anarkee
It sounds like you may need a quick basic setup. Everytime I change the string gauge on my SR800 or the weather changes from one season to another, I have to do a minor truss rod adjustment on my bass (I live in CA where the temps can range from 45 - 88 degrees F in one day and we go from no rain to months of rain).

hmmm. I never have to much adjusting needed. must be a NoCal thing.

it's usually never very wet down here anyways.

but, definitely go to the luthier. they can show you very easily.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom