i almost decided on doing this,but i need some approval this is the right thing to do
i talked to the shop i usually buy from and im gonna swap my digitech RP200 multi FX pedal for a cube 20X (the best amp he's got of that size) and a footswitch and im gonna also buy a behringer wah pedal (couldnt find anything else around here,good gear is rare and/or very expensive here in egypt) of course im gonna pay some extra money

i need heavier and more realistic tone so im doing this transition,and im gonna use the amps reverb/delay when i need it
but is this the right thing to do? and will playing thru this amp without the compression i add with the RP200 be as easy?
will i get better tone?the RP200 sounded good at first but now it sounds too digital and "fake"
i was thinking maybe after this trade,i'd buy a boss metalzone as well,but i'll go with the amps distortion first

so what do you guys think?should i go ahead?
i cant afford a cube 30 :-( and i tried looking for another wah but the behringer is all thats there
another option i got is to keep the RP and use it for effects only and buy a distortion pedal (Metal zone/distortion factory is all thats here too btw)

and no,i dont have an amp,i use my stereo at home and the amp when we're at a studio
so what do i do?? :S
i could also get a small crate amp,but thats an old one he's got and i didnt try it yet,and also get a Metalzone/distortion factory and a wah
im not an effects junkie,i only need reverb,wah and sometimes delay
You don't technically need a wah or an OD either....

What model crate is it?

don't just get a wah for the sake of having one, if it's a ****ty wah don't use it.
actually i just called the shop and the crate's been sold :-(
so all he's got is the cube 20X and a peavey amp,solid state,20w

oh and i wanna get a wah cuz i do need it,the only other option i got is keeping the RP200 and using its wah,but im not sure about that
sweet child o' mine and some other guns n roses and pantera numbers,as well as spicing up improvisations
but thats the only wah available here :-( somehow,everyone here thinks multi effects units are the way to go,everyone just robs a bank and buys a GT-8,which i find ruidiculously big and,i dont really need all that,do i?
No. You don't you use a lot of it, untill you learn how, and then once you know what stuff does, you find out you dont need it much after all, and you just use the board for distortion, and volume, and wah, and then you get a better amp and its obsolete. They're great at what they do, I'm not dissing them, I'm just saying they aren't the be all end all.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
yeah thats what i thought too
well the question now is,what will give me a better sound? the cube20x or the rp200?

im asking cuz i wanna make this trade and i got a gig coming up (its my first) and im not really satisfied with the RP200 sound anymore,so i wanna know if the cube20x+behringer wah will sound better
What exactly are you going to gig with if you don't even have an amplifier? I'm lost.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
the venue has a marshall valvestate there,i connected my RP200 to it and they mic it to the PA
thats what i did in the audition
but i was thinking of bringing in the Cube20x and a footswitch and make them mic that instead
but,i'll need a wah :-( is it better to keep the RP200 for its wah?
is the cube gonna sound better than the RP200 and the marshall?
and i dont know where i can find that crate,all there is are cubes,and lesser amps,and marshall MGs
You're planning to gig with a Roland Cube 20X? I think you're out of your mind. And forget the wah pedal, save money for a better amp if you plan on gigging.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
the amp gets mic'd to the PA system in the venue

does this mean it doesnt sound better than the RP200? it sounded better to me
okay the final question is,which is better to gig with:
a.RP200---->marshall valvestate (sounded good in the audition)
b.cube20x+footswitch+behringer wah (dunno if it sounds better or not)
c.

kidding - personally I guess I'd do A. for now since it doesn't sound like you have much time and then save up for decent amp you can gig with and half way decent wah.

Edit: and use the Edit button so you don't have to bump so much.
learn how to use all the settings on the rp200. i just got one for my brother in law, dialed it in and it sounds pretty dam good!
okay so after the gig im hopefully gonna get a new proper amp
so ahould i keep the RP200 and use it as a wah/other? or should i also sell it and buy a crybaby or something?
Yes to getting rid of RP200

Yes to getting either a cube or vox ad series

no to getting the behringer wah (you'll regret it later)

no to metalzone or distortion factory

no to the valvestate or MG

can't provide an opinion on the crate v50
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Quote by MustangSVT
You're planning to gig with a Roland Cube 20X? I think you're out of your mind. And forget the wah pedal, save money for a better amp if you plan on gigging.

Not that crazy... I gigged with a Cube 30 a few times for school gigs last year, turned out fine ^_^