Are they any good?
They sound impressive on the website, but is it up to scratch, or are all the sounds just a nice novelty?
hello
If they sound anything like their amps, I would surely not recommend it.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by guitargod21136

Dude, you have a roland cube.
hello
Speaking from experience, Line 6 does make great amps. They get a bad rap, deservedly, from their Spider III's, but that's no reason to immediately discount all their products. I have a Line 6 Spider Valve 112 and can honestly say it really is a great amp.
Quote by opc100

...which is a great amp, sort of.

I like the idea about the Variax, but when I played one in a store, it didn't feel right. It sounded great though. Think it was just badly setup.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
My uncle's guitarist has one along with a Line 6 Vetta, and it's one of the best set ups I've ever heard. Please make sure you know what your talking about before you open your mouth. Also, bandwagons are not cool
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf
My uncle's guitarist has one along with a Line 6 Vetta, and it's one of the best set ups I've ever heard. Please make sure you know what your talking about before you open your mouth. Also, bandwagons are not cool

dude, this particular guitar was badly setup. Told you it sounded great (played through a fender supersonic).
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by opc100

i Lol'd
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by guitargod21136

Words are to be coaxed from within one's mouth, not from one's arse.
Spiders are crap, bandwagon or not, but do you judge the Gibson custom shop on the quality of the $100 Epi Les Pauls? Line 6 do some great products.

Anyway, imagine a really great modelling amp.
Now transpose that idea to a guitar.
They're the market leader in modelling guitars and they would still be even if there were competition. It doesn't sound as artificial as a modelling amp either because it's easier to replicate in a way.

They're ugly though.
Quote by guitargod21136

youve obviously never played any of their amps other than the spider III. Line 6 makes pretty good products, with the exception of the spider. Saying all line 6 amps suck because the spider 3 does is like saying all marshalls suck because the MG sucks.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by jcmoods
Speaking from experience, Line 6 does make great amps. They get a bad rap, deservedly, from their Spider III's, but that's no reason to immediately discount all their products. I have a Line 6 Spider Valve 112 and can honestly say it really is a great amp.

agreed

we have the same amp
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Well, from experience, not just repeated heresay which seems to be overly abundant on this board. . . the Variax is great. I'm not too fond of the guitar itself but the electronics are great. The feel of the guitar itself is a bit "off." I'd say cheap but I'm not sure what it is exactly. I'm not a fan of the nech mostly. I will get one, or the electronics to one and mod a MIM strat one day soon. But in all honesty the electronics are worth it. very versitile. I just wich the actual guitar itself was better crafted.

'86 Carvin V220
'92 Carvin DC135c
'06 Fender Strat MIM w/Carvin AP11's
'08 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone LTD ED. SG w/EMG 81/85
Schecter Damien FR
'08 Ibanez Prestige RG2610E
'04 Carvin CT4M
'91 Jackson Professional Stealth Pro

I've owned the Variax 700 for going on 2 years now. It's a great guitar. I play it everyday and never had a problem. Build quality is MIJ and very nice. The models are all pretty decent and i A/B from my PA to valve junior/XTLive for the acoustic and electric models. Acoustic is harder to dial in, but it can be made to sound impressive. I can match the strat model to a friends MIM SSS and it's almost identical. the Les Paul model is better then any LP studio i've ever played and is a closer match to a EPI LP Custom. The 12 string models are just ok (I actually like my ML better using the 12 string sim in the POD). It's all subjective though. For me, I'd buy my gear all over again same day if anything ever happened to it. It's just way to versatile and you can do just about anything you want with it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Funny! Only people who haven't tried the Variax talks **** about it!

I mean tried it proprely , not like take it down from a shop wall and plug ti , paly some chords and then put it back...

If you really want to gt the feel of the Variax , ask somebody who has one and ask him/her to explain how it works. All the different banks ( Gibson Les Paul Goltop , Fender Stratocaster , Sitar ...

I don't own a Variax yet but in about 1 month i do (11.1.2009)
The Variax 300 is not wery high-class, Many people have been dissapointed whit the quality
of the Vaiax 300.

Go for the 600 or 700
Last edited by Spitfire94 at Dec 11, 2008,