So, I have never picked up a guitar before and just traded an Ithaca 12 ga for this one, LOL. I have always wanted to learn how to play, just never broke down and bought a guitar. Where do I go from here? I don't have a tuner, stand etc. Should I buy a practice amp or just learn without one for now? I have seen a few sights that have free online lessons. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Mike
Ok... If you can get yourself a lead with a 6.5>3.5 adaptor, you can plug guitar into your computer and use the speakers (this is just for some real volume).
Also, you can use a tuner on your computer! (Search google for AP tuner)

I suggest at the moment you look at some lessons, learn how to read guitar tab (google it), and start trying to play. In a couple of weeks or so you can splash out on a little practice amp like a Peavey Vyper 15 or a Vox AD15VT.

Good luck sir! Nice guitar by the way.
Quote by twasbrilling
you've been a member since 2007 and never picked up a guitar?

I've been procrastinating since about 10 yrs ago,lol kids,divorce blah blah blah . I have one now and that's all that counts
Quote by twasbrilling
you've been a member since 2007 and never picked up a guitar?

It's ok have you ever been to The Pit?

Tuner is a good idea, and so is a little amp, no one likes to hear or play an out of tune guitar. Also you could look at Hal Leonard books, they are what I learned on and IMO pretty good.

Good luck.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by AthenasGhost
It's ok have you ever been to The Pit?

Tuner is a good idea, and so is a little amp, no one likes to hear or play an out of tune guitar. Also you could look at Hal Leonard books, they are what I learned on and IMO pretty good.

Good luck.

Nope, what is the Pit?
So, I talk to guys at work and of course they are all hot on me getting a 150w amp. I figured the biggest I would look at was a 30w. I havn't even learned to tune a guitar, wtf would I need a 150w. Guess I just need to get my ass over to GC and take a look at some accesories!!
you wouldn't ever need a 150w amp, your friends are retarded!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Derrr, lol. Not sure about them being retarded just have to remember, Americans=Bigger is Better. I figure that would be the reason they want a 150 amp. I am going to Guitar Center this weekend and check some tuners and practice amps.
Make sure you learn how to set up your guitar. Way to many people have bad experiences with their instruments because of improper setups...there's a bunch of places online (including here!) that can teach you how.

A 30W amp will do fine and last you for a while...I'd suggest a Peavey TransTube amp. Either the Rage or the Envoy, depending on what you want to shell out. What's your budget?
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by guitardude34875
a magical place, go there, you wont be sorry

Where many of the people don't play guitar... Just sayin lol
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by SnoDog
You traded in a shotgun for a guitar!!!

I have plenty of other guns, don't get me wrong, LOL. Damn stock was too short for me anyways..6'8" 400lbs, LOL.