I'm buying a Peavey 6505+ soon and am looking for a 2x12 cabinet.

So my question is what are some cabinets that work very well with a peavey 6505+? I play usually melodic metal, metalcore, progressive, and a lil bit of deathcore just in case that helps.

Thanks
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
some good companies that come to mind are vader cabs, avatar, and earcandycabs. i have a 2x12 earcandy buzzbomb, and can say that it is an awesome cab!
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Vader, Mesa, etc. or something with Vintage 30s.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Depending on how much money you want to spend, I say look at a Mesa Recto or Bogner OS or Marshall 1936.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Vader cabs? there is an ad on craigslist with a dude selling a 6505 and a vader 2x12 but I want the peavey 6505+.. I know the cleans are better on the + but is there really any huge difference?

Yeah i'd love a mesa cab, but I'm on a budget

oh and matrixclaw, AZ FTW.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by octavarium78
Vader cabs? there is an ad on craigslist with a dude selling a 6505 and a vader 2x12 but I want the peavey 6505+.. I know the cleans are better on the + but is there really any huge difference?

People say the 6505 is more raw-sounding and has more gain.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by octavarium78

The guy that has the 6505 for sale is the guy I bought my Mark IV from. He's a great guy and knows his stuff He's also known as Rampage on HC and something like that on here lol.

Honestly, I like the voicing of the 6505+ more, but many more prefer the 6505 to it. The cleans aren't really *that* much better on the 6505+ imo and shouldn't be the buying point for that particular amp because either way you're not going to get anything spectacular. However, the 6505/5150's cleans are a lot better than people give them credit for
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The guy that has the 6505 for sale is the guy I bought my Mark IV from. He's a great guy and knows his stuff He's also known as Rampage on HC and something like that on here lol.

Honestly, I like the voicing of the 6505+ more, but many more prefer the 6505 to it. The cleans aren't really *that* much better on the 6505+ imo and shouldn't be the buying point for that particular amp because either way you're not going to get anything spectacular. However, the 6505/5150's cleans are a lot better than people give them credit for

Yeah, I emailed him and he was real technical with everything lol. I just might be buying his gear, a 6505 and vader 2x12 for $975 seems like a good deal.

Ah well i've never played a 6505 before :/ only a 6505+ so i wouldnt be able to comapre them. yeah that's true, i love my cleans but i gotta have my beautiful distortion at a good price :P

thanks dude
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
I think he lowered it to $950 today. Might want to just throw him an offer, he's been tryin to sell it for quite a while
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I think he lowered it to $950 today. Might want to just throw him an offer, he's been tryin to sell it for quite a while

Oh yeah? *puts on haggling hat*

wish me luck!
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Quote by octavarium78
Oh yeah? *puts on haggling hat*

wish me luck!

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
At $950 you're paying less than you would for a 6505 brand new. With a free Vader cab lol.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
At $950 you're paying less than you would for a 6505 brand new. With a free Vader cab lol.

For sure, it's not a bad deal at all.

If it's anything like the Mark IV I bought from him, it'll be completely flawless too
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Haha true that, thanks for the help!

ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Used 6505, approx. $700
Used Vader 2x12, approx $300

I say it's a fair price, but wouldn't say it was a deal. I would probably take advantage of it too though.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION