ok i have a 75 spider 3 line 6 amp and when i turn it up loud i start to get alot of feedback, so is there any way i can stop the feedback without getting a new amp. If the best bet is to get a new amp then which one would be good for metal.
You need to work on your string muting, and get farther away from your amp. Facing the amplifier will also tend to cause uncontrollable feedback (the really high-pitched bad kind), rather than the controllable sustaining stuff.

You could get a noise gate... It's like admitting that your technique or equipment is crap, but most "metal" players use them.

Also Line 6 Spiders are **** amps.
Quote by RadioMuse
You need to work on your string muting, and get farther away from your amp. Facing the amplifier will also tend to cause uncontrollable feedback (the really high-pitched bad kind), rather than the controllable sustaining stuff.

You could get a noise gate... It's like admitting that your technique or equipment is crap, but most "metal" players use them.

Also Line 6 Spiders are **** amps.

the amp has a built in noise gate, i think, but i'm not sure how to use it. its a case of 'read the ****ing manual' here. The noise gate could help, but also using less gain, standing further away from the amp and not facing it, etc, should help.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.