Right, I need to get a new Tune-O-Matic for my RR build - the one I've got atm has the small studs without screwheads for adjustment.. only threaded thumbwheels, which are totally inaccessible in a 4mm+ recess (yeah, I should have anticipated that, but I didn't).

Also, I've done the dry-fitting a few times, and wrecked the posts, because they were cheap and flimsy.

So, here's the question:

Are piezo Tune-O-Matic bridges for ~£20 worth the money, or are do they sound hideous?
Like all pickups you need to spend the money to get the good ones, I've not used em myself yet but I dont think they'll be much cop.
Quote by jscustomguitars
Like all pickups you need to spend the money to get the good ones, I've not used em myself yet but I dont think they'll be much cop.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking tbh. Those bridges are usually only ~£10, which means that the piezo elements are only worth £10 again, and that doesn't bode well for tone.

I guess part of me wants someone to jump out and say "they're amazing, get one!".
A decent TOM with piezo saddles is around 150 bucks or 75 pounds in england. So a 20 pound or less one is going to be really cheap junk if there is even one to be had for that cheap. If you want piezo for a custom build you gotta buy something decent.
Meh just shell you for a good one.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
the construction quality/durability might be bad. But piezo elements are really always just piezo elements. If it has the same design as a more expensive piezo bridge, it will sound exactly the same (except for the tonal qualities changed by a lighter, or different material bridge). The quality of sound from piezos comes from their placement and the quality of the preamp you use. Piezo transducers made from scrap parts will produce the same signal as a $150 piezo transduser if they are placed the same and use the same preamp.

Though it could be designed more poorly, ie less contact area, than the more expensive one.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
the construction quality/durability might be bad. But piezo elements are really always just piezo elements. If it has the same design as a more expensive piezo bridge, it will sound exactly the same (except for the tonal qualities changed by a lighter, or different material bridge). The quality of sound from piezos comes from their placement and the quality of the preamp you use. Piezo transducers made from scrap parts will produce the same signal as a $150 piezo transduser if they are placed the same and use the same preamp.

Eh? I dont know a lot about em but isnt that like saying a cheap pickup is the same as an expensive one because they all have magnets, wire, pole pieces etc. but it depends what preamp you plug a guitar into?

Doesnt make sense . . . .