telling your band that your dick is too short to play in E standard.
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
Last edited by DeathOn2Legs at Nov 22, 2008,
if you dont rasie ur string gage alott and reset up ur neck the strings flap around like a fat kids boobs when running
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
The hard part is making you're guitar not sound like a dying Gorilla. However, you can avoid this difficulty by picking up your balls and playing in standard.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
the strings get all loose and ****ty. you're better off downtuning a seven string or buying heavier guaged strings to avoid this problem. but real men can play in standard and still be heavy. just sayin...
Phish Phan
DeadHead
Moe.ron
If there's a jam out there, I'm probably listening to it.

Check out the Bodatious Banana Extravaganza: http://myspace.com/bbeboston
Quote by selkies
if you dont rasie ur string gage alott and reset up ur neck the strings flap around like a fat kids boobs when running

u my friend are a genious
what's wrong with dropped D or even dropped C?
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
HEY! My boobs dont flap THAT badly when i run!
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
HEY! My boobs dont flap THAT badly when i run!

haha!
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
I wouldn't say its hard, it just like any other tuning. Of course you wont want to use light gauge strings.

And you guys are really cool...
esp ltd ec 100qm
epiphone valve junior head
epiphone g-310 with emg 81/85
It's not that hard. Few electric guitars are designed with that tuning in mind but with heavy strings and a setup, it's nothing too painful.

whinewhine play in standard blahblah personal attack wahwahwah

Electric Wizard played in A#/Bb tuning. Every last one of you has lost the game.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by emokiller1
I wouldn't say its hard, it just like any other tuning. Of course you wont want to use light gauge strings.

Karl Sanders uses a 10 for his top string

TS: You've just been spending too much time in the basics forum and not directing n00bs to the tuning thread.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Free to Guitar
It's not that hard. Few electric guitars are designed with that tuning in mind but with heavy strings and a setup, it's nothing too painful.

Electric Wizard played in A#/Bb tuning. Every last one of you has lost the game.

if you note, i did not make a "personal attack" against non-standard tunings, for that would be hypocritical of me (open tunings + slide = yay!). i merely made a witty observation concerning the gauge string necessary for such a low tuning. thank you.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
if you note, i did not make a "personal attack" against non-standard tunings

I didn't feel like quoting the guilty parties, so I condensed several posts into a nutshell. I wasn't thinking about you when I wrote it.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by andy_thomas
The hard part is making you're guitar not sound like a dying Gorilla. However, you can avoid this difficulty by picking up your balls and playing in standard.

i found that EXTREMELY funny lol