Okay, so my ipod had been working fine, no problems. Playing just fine. And it still does, but when I plug it into my computer, a window pops up that says 'USB device Not Recognized', and itunes won't recognize that it's even plugged in, so I can't update it.

Anybody know if this is fixable?
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Something similar is happening with mine. Whenever I plug it into the USB port, it doesn't come up with the "Do Not Connect" screen, but still charges. It simply won't connect to iTunes. This normally wouldn't bother me, but some ass at school decided to delete all the songs from my iPod whilst I was out doing some filming in my media class, but this means I can't put the songs back onto my Ipod.

My iTunes also comes up with the "USB device not recognized", and I've found I actually have to force the USB connector further into the iPod to connect and be recognized. Apart from that, I don't know how to fix it.
throw it at a school bus thats drivin by and say fuxk u _gen ipod
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
It's probably your cord. Try a new one, and if that doesn't work, call apple support.
Quote by Joshrocker48
Apple Support?

Maybe reboot your iPod and try again.

reboot my ipod? if you mean turn it off and on, I've done this several times
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
I've tried 2 different chords too
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
1. Place iPod Gently on Floor
2. Lift foot over iPod.
3. Stomp on iPod violently and numerously
4. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

I dont know how many times ive said that.
iPod thread!!!!
I can't be arsed to find it but I know there's a huge one.
Quote by HLrocker
reboot my ipod? if you mean turn it off and on, I've done this several times

google "reboot ipod"

this has happened to me before, all u need to do is reboot ur ipod, that worked for me

EDIT:
i think this is how you reboot an ipod

1) turn lock on then off

2) hold middle button AND menu button

that should reboot ur ipod
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
hmmm, i rebooted it, but it's still not working
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
It's not a problem with your actual iPod, per se, it sounds like a problem with the connectors. Ie, where you plug the cable into the iPod. Firstly, try using a different USB port. If that doesn't work, try using a different cable. If that doesn't work, send it off to get fixed.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Rebooting = holding center button and menu.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
I got it working now...I'm not sure exactly how though. I just tried the same things i've been doing.
I used a different chord again, and plugged into a different port...again, and it started working, but I had to kind 'jiggle' the wire around some where it plugs into the ipod, I think there's somthing wrong with the ipod in the outlet area
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Quote by HLrocker
I got it working now...I'm not sure exactly how though. I just tried the same things i've been doing.
I used a different chord again, and plugged into a different port...again, and it started working, but I had to kind 'jiggle' the wire around some where it plugs into the ipod, I think there's somthing wrong with the ipod in the outlet area

That's...exactly what I already said?

Anyway, the only way to fix it is to get it fixed professionally.

Or sell it on eBay and buy a new one.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Joshrocker48
Apple Support?

Maybe reboot your iPod and try again.

this.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by esther_mouse
That's...exactly what I already said?

Anyway, the only way to fix it is to get it fixed professionally.

Or sell it on eBay and buy a new one.

I know, and thanks ...I wasn't trying to discredit your advice or anything. Your advice is actualy what made me think of jiggling the chord around, so thanks you muchly

Edit: to the grammer nazi who posted above that guy^...i'm sorry, but this is the internet, not grammer class. You'll never find anywhere on the internet, or in real life for that matter where everyone uses perfect grammer all the time. And does it really matter? No. We're all human, we'll all make a spelling/grammer error here and there, the only thing that really matters is if the message gets across or not, which it obviously did.
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Last edited by HLrocker at Nov 22, 2008,
dont sell-out and get an ipod... get a proper mp3 player like a zen or something.