ok, i know that if you run your guitar through too many pedals you can have tone loss. My amp that im getting doesnt have an FX loop and i was wondering how much tone would i lose if i run my guitar through 2 or 3 pedals. Im not a big effects guy so the only thing i would be running it through would be an overdrive pedal and wah.

thanks.

P.S.- i have decent quality cables. their brand new and dont have any problems.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Depends on the pedals and the cables. You'd have to have some pretty bad pedals or cables for 2 or 3 to make a difference.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Depends on the pedals and the cables. You'd have to have some pretty bad pedals or cables for 2 or 3 to make a difference.

well its a boss Os-2 and a dunlop original crybaby. my cables are fine.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

You should be alright. I run a Wylde, DS-1 and Crybaby, and it doesn't have much of an effect at all.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Well, you'll probably get some tone loss then, boss pedals have a pretty poor bypass and so do those crybabies. Test guitar -> amp and then test with the pedals and see if you notice tone loss.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by slash4114
well its a boss Os-2 and a dunlop original crybaby. my cables are fine.

that'd be the same as for me (save i got a vox wah) but i dont notice that much of a tone loss...i actually like that sound better at times

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Kevin Saale
Well, you'll probably get some tone loss then, boss pedals have a pretty poor bypass and so do those crybabies. Test guitar -> amp and then test with the pedals and see if you notice tone loss.

can any of you recommend me some pedals that are well bypassed?
Quote by musicjunkie207

Quote by Skierinanutshel
do you want to replace both the OS-2 and crybaby?

eventually their going to get replaced no matter what so yeah
Quote by musicjunkie207

well, what amp/guitar are you currently running through?

i know certain overdrives sound different through different amps.

and for wahs, you might as well make the jump to an RMC or fulltone if you want the cream-of-the-crop. otherwise, you can mod a vox 847/crybaby to be true bypass along with some cap replacements for sweep and whatnot.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
well, what amp/guitar are you currently running through?

i know certain overdrives sound different through different amps.

its gonna be a crate v18
Quote by musicjunkie207

I'm a tone *****, I get annoyed with using even a true bypass. The tone loss varies on the pedals you use, the cable quality & length, and your personal ear. Most people won't hear/care about the tone loss you get with a few pedals, but you might.
WTLTL 2011
You do. Its true.

I don't notice it in my crybaby, but I imagine through a boss pedal you might, they're kind of notorious for poor bypass, or so I've read. But yeah, run straight to the amp, then through the pedals and listen for the difference.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.