Quote by Striped_Monkey5
Sell it. By an all tube amp. buy an overdrive pedal

Fail.

Because a Valve Junior with a bad monkey will get better metal tones than a AD50VT

1. Settings thread.
2. What kind of metal sound do you want?
3. Settings thread.
Well I'm sure if he wants to play metal, I think it would be a given not to by a blues/clean/ classic rock driven amp. Unless the bastard is modded
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
Quote by Striped_Monkey5
Well I'm sure if he wants to play metal, I think it would be a given not to by a blues/clean/ classic rock driven amp. Unless the bastard is modded

Name one all tube amplifier geared towards modern metal that is under 400 dollars.
guys your avoiding the question, im not getting a new amp i wanna know how to set it right (bass, middle, treble, gain, master etc.....i have a line 6 which is good for metal I just wanna know how to set the vox to metal also
Quote by M.P.A.Guitarist
guys your avoiding the question, im not getting a new amp i wanna know how to set it right (bass, middle, treble, gain, master etc.....i have a line 6 which is good for metal I just wanna know how to set the vox to metal also

The Vox is better for metal.

What kind of metal do you want to play? It works better with a boost.
what kind of metal?

i find some reverb [tap the tap button to find your preference], and the 80's UK setting sounds good with gain at 1 o clock, bass at at 3 o clock, mid at 10 o clock, and treble at 3 and a half :] try it, also, check out the ToneLab or something on Vox's site, there are some settings there
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Quote by imgooley
Name one all tube amplifier geared towards modern metal that is under 400 dollars.

It's called buying used my friend and saving money for the gas in the car
i have had bad experiences with tube amps,, i caught my friends on fire (no idea what i did wrong) so im trauamatized i guess you could say
Try the recto setting, adjust gain and volume to taste, set the bass to about 7/8, mid 3, treble 5/6.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by M.P.A.Guitarist
i have had bad experiences with tube amps,, i caught my friends on fire (no idea what i did wrong) so im trauamatized i guess you could say

lol it was most likely the amp
i do know it was really old and had neer been worked on, I smelt smoke then i looked at the back of the amp and it was burning
Quote by Striped_Monkey5
It's called buying used my friend and saving money for the gas in the car

Your not very smart, are you?

Answer- I can only think of one- The Krank Rev Jr. And I haven't seen one used, ever. And used, it'd probably be over 400.

A Randall SS or an Ampeg VH-140 kills most tube amps for metal and both can be had for under 400 dollars.

Tube=/=good
Quote by imgooley
Your not very smart, are you?

Answer- I can only think of one- The Krank Rev Jr. And I haven't seen one used, ever. And used, it'd probably be over 400.

A Randall SS or an Ampeg VH-140 kills most tube amps for metal and both can be had for under 400 dollars.

Tube=/=good

I'm not smart, yet you just recommended a Krank... okay sir.

and there is nothing wrong with buying used at all. You just gotta look in those hard to reach places for the good stuff.
Quote by Striped_Monkey5
I'm not smart, yet you just recommended a Krank... okay sir.

and there is nothing wrong with buying used at all. You just gotta look in those hard to reach places for the good stuff.

Am I wrong about the Krank?

And I love finding good deals on used items.
Quote by imgooley
The Vox is better for metal.

What kind of metal do you want to play? It works better with a boost.

The line 6 seems better suited for metal...unless im still not setting the vox up rite idk?
Quote by M.P.A.Guitarist
The line 6 seems better suited for metal...unless im still not setting the vox up rite idk?

If that's the way it seems to you, there's no arguing. I think the spider is fizzy and nasty without much warmth on the higher gain settings. Very flat.

Use a boost and turn up the volume with the valvetronix.
Haven't read the rest of what people said.

My advice, if you can't get enough distortion on the right kind, start all knobs including gain at 12 oclock.

Adjust in small small increments till you get what you like.

I also like to use a little reverb, chorus+reverb, or if all else fails, a very small amount of "comp" or compression.
BUY MY JACKSON
Quote by imgooley
I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.

Quote by DSchmitty
Gilbert is a bad riff writer.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

Quote by Shabadoo
I brake for huge nuts
All I need to boost mine into a good metal tone is a little EQing.
Keeping it real since '92