I just found this amp used for sale ($600) and was looking for some input on whether the price is good and about the amp itself. Ive really been struggling to find a decent tube amp in my price range ($600 absolute tops) to ask for for the holidays.
I play mostly Metal (Megadeth is what im most into right now) along with a decent amount of hard rock, classic rock, and prog rock. Would this amp be good for these things
im replacing a borrowed Crate 15w that no longer suits my playing. My guitar is currently an Epiphone LP but im looking to get a new guitar soon.

Thanks for the input,
Yawny
It would certainly do all of those things well. The XXX series is very versatile. They have active equalizers, though, so they function a bit differently from your regular tube amp in that they can both boost and cut certain frequencies.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
That is a good deal on a great amp.

These amps are very versatile, and very good sounding. Great cleans and really heavy gains, although you may want to futz with the EQ a bit, you see, as the EQ is active which means the controls are responsive to one another. The amp as a brighter tone in contrast to the dark fizziness of a 5150, however, it is really good sounding. I highly recommend it.
i agree with the previous posters that it will do everything you are looking for...i'm not sure about the price thou...then again i have never shopped for a combo...maybe some of the other xxx owners can chime in on if thats ball park $$$
i just got the 60 watt version 2 weeks ago and its pretty good , really got to sit down with it and tweak. i got my for around 500 so it seems like a pretty good deal id say go for it