Hey all, I have small hands, and have an old crappy Mako guitar. I'm starting to save for my first new electric, and am wondering if the size of my hands will, or should dictate the guitar I purchase. I like the look of PRS guitars (especially the Starla) but I don't know what will work for me.

Any suggestions? Thanks all in advance, Will
look on my profile at the ibanez mikro, it is cheap and smaller scale and super light..
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by weewilly79
Hey all, I have small hands, and have an old crappy Mako guitar. I'm starting to save for my first new electric, and am wondering if the size of my hands will, or should dictate the guitar I purchase. I like the look of PRS guitars (especially the Starla) but I don't know what will work for me.

Any suggestions? Thanks all in advance, Will

small hands shouldn't affect the guitar you buy/ will be able to play. at the most it will tke a few minutes of playing to get used to a bigger size
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
You don't need any special/specific guitar. Just try out as many as you can at your local shop(s) and find one that feels comfortable. Sure, your hand size should dictate your guitar choice to some degree, but for the same reason as anyone with any sized hands. The guitar should feel comfortable, give a good tone acousticly (it's important with elecs, if it gives a flat, dull tone unplugged it'll sound about the same plugged in), feel fairly rugged, and look cool to you.

The last one may sound unimportant, and to some degree it is, but you'll feel more inspired on a guitar that looks freakin' awesome to you then you will on some clunker. Just shop around and find somthing that suits your taste.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Get a ukalale
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
prs's usually have 25" scale which is a little on the bigger side, strat's are smaller, most cheaper guitars will be smaller scale
Quote by muikoma
prs's usually have 25" scale which is a little on the bigger side, strat's are smaller, most cheaper guitars will be smaller scale

Strat's are bigger 25.5" Most Guitars are around 24.75" (Gibsons, Ibanez etc.)

Fender Jaguars and Mustangs are 24", that might suit his needs the best.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk