I just got a Jackson stlye neck and it wont fit in my fender what should i do? Or should i just keep my fender neck? Thanks!
I'd say to just keep the Fender neck on and use the Jackson neck for something else. Out of curiousity, what guitar was the Jackson neck off of?
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
keep the fender neck, and send me the jackson neck!

for my project i had to get a bc rich neck to keep things cheap
Quote by shredforbread33
I'd say to just keep the Fender neck on and use the Jackson neck for something else. Out of curiousity, what guitar was the Jackson neck off of?

a jackson

Anyway, you have two options, sand the neck pocket or sand the wood under the fretboard on the neck, but both sides must be exactly even.
You will also find that both necks have a different scale length
Find the scale length of your jackson neck by measuring the distance between the nut and the 12th fret. Double that measurement and theres your scale length.
In other words, the distance between the nut and the 12th fret has to be the exact same distance as the 12th fret to the bridge saddles. So put your neck in the guitar body so that the scale length is right, you will find you'll have a gap between the neck and the body which you will have to shim

If you need more info, UG is here to help
Quote by guitarcam123
a jackson

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

..you can't be serious.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
It seems odd to me that a Jackson neck won't fit on a Fender joint. Last I checked, Fender, Jackson, and Charvel were all together in the same company.
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
^^^ Same company yes but so is volvo and ford and they hardly make the same cars. Most jackson stuff is gonna be 24 fret and fender is 21 so not gonna just drop in. Just keep the fender neck and dig up a jackson body.