I have an Ibanez hollow body and the G string is rattling so much. Any ideas?
Quote by MetalMegaMan
make it smaller then maybe i'll consider.

Quote by metaldud536
Love is when she trades you her holographic Blastoise for your Kakuna that's half bent on one corner.

Quote by faultyy
Stick it it my rump
you need raise the strings height, or you need to loosen the trust rod.
I think the source of it is the bridge. Would changing the height or loosening the rod fix it?
Quote by MetalMegaMan

Quote by metaldud536
Love is when she trades you her holographic Blastoise for your Kakuna that's half bent on one corner.

Quote by faultyy
Stick it it my rump
strum the guitar and touch the bridge. see if it's a loose part first.

if your touch quiets the noise, you found the problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
And if it's loose how do I go about fixing it?
Quote by MetalMegaMan

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by faultyy
Stick it it my rump
well find it first then repost if needed.

what you do, depends on what, if anything is loose.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Maybe the tuning key is loose. I can't count the number of times this has happened to me. It was fixed with a few quick turns of a screwdriver.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
that's not my guitar but that's the kind of bridge I have and only the G string is rattling.
Quote by MetalMegaMan

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by faultyy
Stick it it my rump
if it's Not a loose part, i'm guessing that you checked, then ok it could be fret buzz, where the string rubs on a fret and makes a buzzy rattle noise.

with a TOM style guitar, you cant raise one string. so now, you're raising the whole bridge, like said.

on a TOM:

detune a little, loosen the bridge screws, then adjust the thumb screws, pointed to by red arrows. then tighten it all up again. questions? please post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62