Page 1 of 2
First person in the world to get it, here it is

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
I Happen to love this strap, loved it when i saw it at his gig the other day, first thing i pointed out.
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
I Happen to love this strap, loved it when i saw it at his gig the other day, first thing i pointed out.

He's been going on and on about wanting it for quite a while on the racerx forums. Give the guy a break. Nice dude I'm happy for ya. I like the strap but £45 is a tad excessive atm imo. Specially as I'm saving for the fireman
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
I e-mailed hippie asking for it they said they will make me one and I'll be the first owner
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
paul gilbert beat ya to it

nice strap though, gratz
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Paul who? oooo that guy, guess that does make me 2nd
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by Retro Rocker
If it was his actual strap, I'd be mildly impressed.

I'm not trying to impress you just showing you a nice strap that might interest you
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
I'm not trying to impress you just showing you a nice strap that might interest you

My bad, didn't mean to come of as a dick.
Just that to me, a strap is a strap is a strap, as they say.
hehe cool cool and SG Thrasher, you're right and i admit it. I'm slightly sad and pathetic that i buy a lot of Paul Gilbert's gear but i am genuinely happy with my pgm301 and don't think i could have done better for my money.

I can't express how much i idolise Paul and this strap gives me a chance to show a display of my appreciation of the music he has given me

So my point is, yea I'm sad but i don't care

Paul Gilbert FTW

I'd like to add it will have my name embroidered on not Paul Gilberts
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Nov 22, 2008,
So it arrived today,the strap owns! most comfortable one Ive ever had

On my rancid hellraiser, PGM in workshop having new pickups installed

Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Looks awesome. You even got your name on it? Sweet.
You can now sit happily among Paul's biggest fans. I bet you even bought your Laney while he was using them, didn't you?

(You need to PM me with how those BKPs sound in your PGM. I bet it will be amazing)
Thanks Rock Pig, its sooo comfortable i can't believe it, although it did cost me £70 :P damn pound is so weak at the moment that $100 = £70

I still haven't got my PGM back its currently in the workshed getting the pickups installed and Gilbert's signature on my guitar sealed for life.

And yes my name's Anthony Sharp, guess you can see where sharpant comes from now
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Thanks Rock Pig, its sooo comfortable i can't believe it, although it did cost me £70 :P damn pound is so weak at the moment that $100 = £70

I still haven't got my PGM back its currently in the workshed getting the pickups installed and Gilbert's signature on my guitar sealed for life.

I got lucky with all these recent financial fluctuations; my Dad's Christmas pay bonus is being paid in Euros, which just shot up. Happy days.

Glad to see you opted to spend that extra money on having the signature sealed as well.
Haha. Looks awesome, I need an embroidered strap now.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
nice! that's cool it's got your name on it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sharpant

And yes my name's Anthony Sharp, guess you can see where sharpant comes from now

No strap should cost that much
funny guy, i heard your sarcasm gets you far in life
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
funny guy, i heard your sarcasm gets you far in life

I was gonna say something like that.

D:
Meh I respect the guy, he generally knows what he's talking about. Doesn't help that he comes across as an immature adolescent at times

Winning an argument on the internet is like winning an event at the special Olympics, even though you won you're still retarded

Meaning, arguing over the internet = fail
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Hardly, its the first one in the world bar Paul Gilbert's and if you like embroidered straps as i clearly do its not 'just' a strap. If you don't like my topics don't bother posting...
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Well i see where you're coming from, but my £10 plain black strap still holds my guitar up as well as yours.

But if you like spending £60 to get your name on the strap go for it.
It probably doesn't but like i say I'm not here to argue. You are happy with your strap, I'm happy with mine

Amen
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
It probably doesn't
Sorry to bust in on your peacemaking ethic, but how can you even think about debating that point
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
because I've had a £10 strap that let my guitar loose and smashed it all over the kitchen tiles, sure i probably could have got a better strap for £10 but that's how much it cost me.. and from my experience more expensive straps do feel more secure and comfortable
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by thellamaking
Well i see where you're coming from, but my £10 plain black strap still holds my guitar up as well as yours.

But if you like spending £60 to get your name on the strap go for it.

why did you spend a tenner on a strap when you can get some rope or a roll of tape for less than half that?

why spend £500+ on a guitar when a yamaha pacifica will make the same notes?
Quote by MrCarrot
Sorry to bust in on your peacemaking ethic, but how can you even think about debating that point
comfort, stability, strength/reliability.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Exactly :P its my money and I'll do as i please with it, I don't work in Tesco for nothing!!
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by Lemoninfluence
why did you spend a tenner on a strap when you can get some rope or a roll of tape for less than half that?

why spend £500+ on a guitar when a yamaha pacifica will make the same notes?
comfort, stability, strength/reliability.
He could have picked those out, but he only pointed out the fact that it 'doesn't hold it up as well,' which is essentially the point you're making in your post. Same function, does it in a different way, yeah.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
yeah. i don't think i could spend £60 on a strap, because then i'd end up needing one for each guitar and it'd end up costing me about £300...

i'm sure the expensive ones are nicer, though. I cheaped out on a couple of harley benton ones a while back (just to see what they were like- apart from anything, i couldn't get ones in a similar style anywhere else easily), and they don't seem to be as soft leather as more expensive straps, just generally not as nice etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
in your opinion, does this strap improve your tone better than the average guitar strap? i mean, compare it to like a levys leather strap that i use. Im considering getting an active strap, (it requires batteries) do you think that will help me get more overdrive from my amp?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
in your opinion, does this strap improve your tone better than the average guitar strap? i mean, compare it to like a levys leather strap that i use. Im considering getting an active strap, (it requires batteries) do you think that will help me get more overdrive from my amp?

Yea sure mate I've heard the best way to do that is to

1.Go to the Train Station

2.Stand on the edge of the platform

3.Wait for the next train to come past

4.Jump in front of it

5.Survive

6.Get Cancer

7.Survive

8.Catch AIDS

It's my money, not yours, so don't tell me how to spend it.

Sarcastic moron

Why do people have a problem with how i spend my money?

Did i say the strap was going to enhance my tone? I think you'll find the answer to that is no....
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Dec 12, 2008,
The patterned bit looks nice, but personally i dont fancy someone elses name on my guitar strap. Just out of curiosity though, does it come without his name on it?
Pretty strap. I probably would not have paid £70 for it, but it's your money.

Also, a strap without straplocks?!
Quote by Necrotise
The patterned bit looks nice, but personally i dont fancy someone elses name on my guitar strap. Just out of curiosity though, does it come without his name on it?

I'm Anthony Sharp, that's my name on the strap

Scroll down on the first page
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
But he's Paul Gilbert and his is there too.

EDIT: Wait, i get it now, thats not yours in the first pic and it doesnt say Anthony Sharp ANDDD Paul Gilbert, yeah im slow. Sorry.

Still though, can i get it without anyones name on it?
Last edited by Necrotise at Dec 12, 2008,
Page 1 of 2