14 25%
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II Black
18 32%
Epiphone Wilshire
7 13%
Other...
16 29%
Voters: 56.
I've been looking at several guitars lately, but can't make up my mind. I play mostly classic rock, alternative rock, hard rock and metal. I hate active pickups and love Tune-o-matic bridges. Which of the following guitars would you recommend?
P.S. I'm open to suggestions, preferably <€600. Gear in my sig.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black w/ Bigsby

Epiphone Sheraton II Black

Ibanez AFS95T

Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II ME

Epiphone Wilshire (unique, but suspiciously cheap)

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
sheraton or les paul ultra. mayyybe the black beauty. 3 pickups seems like way too much though.i do like the LOOKS of the wilshire..
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Quote by stevenpollock
i do like the LOOKS of the wilshire..

You and me both...

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty

although the ultra looks nice too
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
The epiphones should be plenty tested off the wall because they can be great or as much poor playing.

The black beauty is my favorite just by looks.

The sheraton is the one I'd buy for the sound if playability is nice.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
I'm afraid 3 pickups seems excessive (I don't own a black beauty or similar, but when I played one it just didn't seem that great).
Ultra looks good
I <3 artcores.. their build quality is phenomenal and the finishes are gorgeous.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I want to know more about that Ibanez... I was thinking of getting one myself, but can't find much information / reviews about it...

but yeh I would go for the Custom w/ Bigsby or the Ultra. 3 Pick ups just seems un-needed...

but never having played a hollow body I wouldn't know about the sheraton... although I'm interested in buying one.
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
that Ultra has another pickup, like just after the22nd fret for picking up harmonics or something? but it's like midget size... ?
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
im not sure if you'll really want a semi hollow if your looking at metal and hard rock, but my friend has the sheraton and it/s AMAZING. words can't describe. up there with the 3000$ gibson semi hollows. no joke. try one. sweet rich tone, endless sustain.
Most of those guitars don't look like they're fit for metal, but hey, you're the guy getting a guitar, not me. I say go with either the Sheraton or the Ultra II, but you'll have to test them yourself.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
For asthetics, black beauty (something about 3 pups turns me on, but a bit excessive) but for sound get the ultra.
Fender a real guitar
Here lies a problem that most guitar players face in this day of internet tab and short attention spans — they don't know how to express themselves.

-Nick Layton
yeah the extra pick is made to sound like an acoustic or something and yes its right were the frets end so i would go for ultra out of those guitars

although i would suggest you look at the LTD EC-400 FV (maybe 500 FV not sure) is got the same LP shape w/ better fret access and its got Duncan JB and 59' pup set up so it can do all the genres you said and sound pretty damn good at them. its about $600-$650 i think.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
out of those.. ultra. i say other. cheaper epiphones (under 800bucks) to me are not worth it.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
id say that the custom with the bigsby will soun amazing. good luck deciding!
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!